Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads » Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert!
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Matthew Schrader
Question Eton Viper 90R: How do you replace the electric shift motor?

Our Viper would stall when put into Forward gear, then the F would blink. The shift motor made no shift noise. At first it was intermittent, but now it's a real pain. I wiggled the wires going into the shift motor and viola, it shifted for me! Unfortunately, once my son drove it about 10 minutes then tried switching gears it wouldn't work again.

Of all the threads with references to the Viper 90R shift motors going bad, I haven't yet found one that describes how to replace one.

The two bolts and two screws are tough to get at. Even if I get the screws and bolts all out, will there be enough clearance to get the shift motor out and put the new one in?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Garage is empty, add now

I'd think it'd come out. It has to somehow right?
How about calling Hetrick and see what they say?
Maybe Justin at MaximumRPM.com. You can call him, he'd prolly know.
Kymco Mongoose
TRX350 Rancher
Those that believe in the system have yet to live it.
mooreracing@windstream.net
814-922-7470
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM

Tags
90, 90r, blinks, change, eaton, foward, motor, postion, replace, shift, shifter, side, starter, transmission, viper