Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

eton viper mini 50 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eton viper mini 50 wont start

I have a 2005 eton viper mini 50 that wont start I brought a new battery when I turn the key ova an try I get nothing nor when I try kick start, the lights n horns and brake lights work but when I turn the key I hear nothing I check the spark plug its look fine any suggestions anyone?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

we need some more info on the quad....
does it have an inline fuse coming off of the battery? if so, check/replace that. USE ONLY THE CORRECT RATING. do not increase amp value of fuse. it could cause electrical damage.
is the backside of the keyed ignition intact? no loose wire connections? all is plugged/connected?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea it has a inline fuse I check it its good it was unloose at first and I didn't get nothing when I turn the key I check an notice it was not connected to the battery end I hook it up and the horn and lights came on but nothing when I tried to start or kick start it im checkin all the wires now

Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, most usually on the small kiddie quads, there are safety interlocks to prevent starting/cranking so it won't run the kid over if they decided to start it while standing up or along side of the quad. so let's try these steps:
turn key to "on" position
compress/engage left handlebar brake lever. this will activate the brake switch. the brake light may not illuminate due to a bad bulb, but more than likely the bulb is fine. anyways, the brake switch should activate which will allow the starter to crank. you can listen for a small "tink" sound around the handlebar area if necessary. anyways, while on the left handlebar, make sure the "Off/On/Off" run switch is in the correct position. if this fouls up and that switch fails, we'll have to test that to confirm.
next, if applicable, does the quad have a rear tether kill switch under the seat or near the rear? if so, check that out and make sure both pieces are connected. it's breakaway style plug in.
if it cranks and does not start, then we'll move on to either a CDI issue, fuel issue, or a bad spark plug scenario.
report back.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same here

This almost the exact thing I have happening. I have no kick start. I get lights but no crank. All kill switches in place. Tested juice in CDI pigtail and all good. What next?

Old 09-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

What do you mean no crank?
It's not turning over or it is turning over but no start?
not turning: check the button to see if it's working.
crank but no start:: see if you have spark.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No crank

No crank as in it is dead. Silent. No clicks no turning no humming. Nothing. I should mention that it sat for a year or more before being given to us. Do I just check for juice on all of the wiring for the starter push switch? The remote switches don't work either. Thanks for any help. Little man is dying to ride this thing

Old 09-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd start with the switch. Go further if needed.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Little help

Could you tell me how you would check the switch. Would I try to trace the power from the battery in and then out?

Old 08-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Badboi24gt, any luck with the 4 wheeler?

Quick Reply: eton viper mini 50 wont start