Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Coolster ATV bad gear shift indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster ATV bad gear shift indicator?

My son has a coolster atv (and I do not recommend them-all I have done is work on it!)and I believe the 5 pin gear shift indicator is bad. Both indicator lights work and the atv clearly goes into neutral, however I believe the indicator sensor is bad. Reverse lights up, neutral does not. The atv has a safety feature where it does not start unless it's in neutral. With the sensor not working it does not complete that circuit and let the atv start. I took the sensor off, took pictures and sent them to a parts dealer. I have purchased 2 different sensors and the connectors are just different enough that it is not making a connection. With the new sensors neither the reverse or neutral indicator lights up, with the old sensor the reverse indicator will light up. Is there a way to bypass this so that he can start it and ride it? I have scoured the internet and called several parts dealer and cannot find the exact part that came off the atv.
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i have the same fourhwheeler in pieces in my garage I would just go buy a new wire harness ive found them for 50 save you time.