Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Sundiro 90? Anyone have experience with one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundiro 90? Anyone have experience with one?

Greetings!

I am looking into purchasing a used 2000 Sundiro 90 with only 25 miles on it (supposedly). I am only finding limited information on the Internet on the company. From the lack of info ending in 2001, it looks like the company dried up back in 2001. The parts online seem to indicate that many Eton parts are compatible with Sundiro. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, do any of you have any first hand knowledge on the pluses and minuses of the Sundiro? Reliability, suspension, speed, etc. Any reccomendations would be appreciated!

For background, I have a Kawasaki Prarie 400 and my son drives a Yamaha dirt bike (50cc) and is 7 years old. He is too big for his Yamaha now after riding it for 2 years. It is so wet around here in Coastal Georgia, I want to move him up to a 4-wheeler so he can keep up with me.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2001 Sundiro 90. The company Sundiro or Nusun is no longer selling quads in the US. They are a large scooter and engine company in china that is 50% owned by Honda ( I heard Honda didn't want the competition in the US).

Their remaining inventory was brought by Transnational Outdoor which imports the tRex. Most of the stock is now gone. There is a 50cc or two around. Trannational will sell sundiro parts through any of their distributors.

The engine is the same as the etom and kasea (93cc) and parts are interchangable.
Most of the frame is the same as a 2001 eton. I have purchased frame and air box parts from an eton dealer.

The yerf dog is the most similar ( www.yerf-dog.com ). if you go to their web site you can download a parts amnual of the sundiro sunray. I have purchased brake pads from Yerf through the 800 number. They said the yerf engine actually says "Sundiro".

As far a the quad, I have had a good experience with it. The battery died soon after I got it bu the kick start works on the first or send try. If I charge the battery it will work for a while.

I had a problem in the cold weather that was cured by lowering the needle clip in the carb.

It has good power to pull my 105LB son. and he has made it through and over some rough terrain with it. It can do about 30 mph which is enough for it's handling. He has gone over a few 2+ foot jumps and only bent a tie rod (it bends back).

While the front brakes work well, the rear brakes are not so hot. It has mechanical rear disks (like the blaster). The pads I have got from a polaris dealer because they match older quads but the metallics are a bit too hard and make stopping longer. I now buy them from Yerf dog. The kids have grown to trust the front brakes mostly anyway.

Hope this helps. I had to learn without the help of a local sundiro dealer as there are none near me. Brought mine on-line.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

BakerBoyz - thanks for the detailed background info! I picked up the bike today - it was a 4 1/2 hour drive one-way. It was well worth it - the bike was practically new, has it's complete tool bag, manual, extra key, even the original unused highlight stickers! It clearly has very low miles and ran quite well today during my test-out and during my son's first few trips around the yard when I surprised him by bringing it home (he had now idea I was getting the bike). Anyway, I will use your tips to track down parts. I already reduced the tire air pressure, adjusted his rear shock, and tightened up his rear brake. That was all it really needed at this point. The battery seems to run great - the previous owner said he would charge it up if he hadn't run it in 3 months or so - otherwise he had no issues with it. I was very happy to see the front suspensions had indepedent swing arms. I was at a Yamaha dealer over the weekend looking at the Raptor 90 and was surprised to see solid straight arms on the front suspension.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the purchase and look forward to spending my next two weeks of vacation riding with my son!

Old 07-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good to hear. I truly enjoy the time I spend riding with my two boys as well.

If I can help in any way, remember I usually check this forum once a week.

Have a nice vacation.