Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Just Picked a Graydon Pipe for a LT50

Old 09-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Picked a Graydon Pipe for a LT50

I understand the torque/stall converter concept now. Thanks

I will have the air filter this weekend and give it a shot. I will post what I find after. Thanks

Old 09-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Range Rover

Well, I got everything hooked up and tuned this weekend. The K&N RU-0200 fits perfect. I cut the stock airbox right after the the box where the stock foam filter fits and left the piece that bolts to the caburetor in place. The K&N with an outerwear fits perfect on it. I had to remove and modify the bracket that holds the brake cables so that it could still support the union of the cables.

I jetted to a 75 main jet and took out the first pilot. It ran great on the top end but as soon as you let off the throttle from a high speed pass it would load up and want to die. After a bunch of trial and error, I found out the bike ran so much better with the first pilot back in at low speeds. Its running great now. I may try to go to a 80 main and see if it still pulls.

I took it over to a buddy's house to do the final tuning. He has an LTA-50 for his son as well. It is stock with all the restrictors removed. We drag raced up and down his street to see how big the difference the full pipe, filter and re-jet made. I am about 50 lbs heavier than he is. We raced from a dead stop at the bottom of his street which has a pretty good long grade. By the time I was to the top I was about 10-15 LT-50 bike lengths ahead! When we switched bikes and he rode the piped one, I gave up at mid hill. The top end of this thing rips now (compared to stock)!!!!!

I am thoroughly pleased with these modifications. This should allow my 40lb son to finally crest some of the dunes at Glamis this season. It will keep me from wanting to by him an LT-80 which physical size wise he is not ready for yet.

Old 09-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Trailblazer

Good to hear it worked well.

What silencer (s/a?) did it come with, and how much louder is it? Any pics?
How much was the pipe anyway?

I'm really surprised to hear it ran better with the second pilot jet in there. What kind of mph are you getting now?

Hopefully my correct piston arrives soon and we can compare notes.

You ride at Glamis frequently?

Old 09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

It came with a silencer from Graydon Proline, so I think it is a shortened version of the silencers they use on the 2 stroke pipes. I will try to get some pics up soon. I paid $269.95 plus tax for the pipe and $45 for the K&N filter and Outerwear.

I don't know what the MPH is on the top end but I would estimate 3-4 MPH with 200 lb+ guys on them. Probably alot more with a 40lb boy on it.

We go to Glamis for long weekends about 6-7 times a season. Our first trip will be the weekend after Halloween.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

Top speed increased by 3-4 mph?

I'm planning to go to Glamis in January, maybe we can meet up?

Oct 9-12 we'll be in Coos Bay.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

Where did you purchase your Graydon Proline pipe?

Old 09-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

Matt - I'm guessing 3-4 MPH once the 40lb boys get on. Probably 1-2 MPH with us lard a$$e$. Hard to tell, just guessing. Let me know when your dates are for your January trip and we'll see if we can make it. We usually try to go the day after Christmas and stay till Dec 30 or so.

VegasRaptor - I ordered the pipe from Graydon Proline directly. Check out their website HERE. They have a picture of the pipe on their site as well under the products section. I had to ride their tails for 10-12 weeks, calling weekly, to finally get the pipe. The day that it came in, I showed up at their shop and picked it up. I just don't think that this is a heavy mover for them that they put much priority on. Very nice people there. Talk to Daryl and tell them that Aaron just ordered and picked up one and you want the same. Maybe if more people do this then it will move up on their priority list.

Old 09-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the help.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where did you find the main jets for the little Mikuni carb? I too have the Graydon pipe on the 50 along with the same mods as you guys however, I can't seem to get the main jet correct. I drilled the factory #55 MJ and now it runs way rich on the top end. The size I drilled is equal to a 80 MJ. None of the dealers around me can get the jets. Where should I look? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

I got mine from a local Yamaha dealer. Evidently some drunkard came up with Suzuki's numbering system after an all night Josa Cuervo binge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Picked a Graydon Pipe for a LT50