Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What should I expect?...ordering 50cc.ATV

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I expect?...ordering 50cc.ATV

I.am.ordering.a.4 wheeler for.my.4.yr.old.soon.Probably.from racewayatv.com

how.is.there.shipping?...fast?
what.can.i.expect.as.far.as.work.to.assemble?
has.anyone.had.any.type.of.issue.with.these.people ?
are.all.parts.available.for.mail.order.so.I.can.fi x.it.myself?
is.there.an.issue.with.the.Kazuma.50cc.manifold.br eaking?

thanks.in.advance.for.any.advice.....

PS..my.laptop.space.bar.is.broken

Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
xtc
Range Rover

3333ind,my son has a kuzuma we ordered from raceway,It arrived sooner than expected and so far we have had only one problem which was a stripped screw in the carb float bowl whick required a new bowl (easy fix).the quad comes mostly assembled,just have to bolt on handlebar and front tires.be sure to change shipping oil and TIGHTEN THROTTLE CABLE,(not in set-up instructions)but only comes finger tight which can lead to throttle cable catching sleeve and sticking fully open.It has been a great little bike so far,power is good has great mudding abilty.Only drawbacks to me are:1) no front brake which causes atv to fishtail on steeper slopes.2)no chain guard avaiable(have to fabricate yourself).I also air down tires for better traction.Parts are getting more readly available and can be ordered from racewayatv.com(which seems to really care about there customers)as far as servicing,its just like a foriegn car,tight spaces to work in.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have bought 3 Kazuma 50cc from a contact I made in Atlanta. It is a wholeseller that sells to dealers. I have had nothing but goos expereince with all three. They are hard to start when cold.... but I have read lots of tips on this board to fix that. I got mine for $450 each - I think a good deal. For the kids that use these things, they love them. I keep them speed controlled and keep in first gear. Just a note - two of them were for my twins and one for a friends child, but my twins are boy and girl - my boy seems to have much more control over his riding decisions, movements, control etc. My daughter is nuts - she gets on it and wnats to go full blast every where. I keep CLOSE to the kill switches. I gues what I'm trying to say is that even though they are exact in age and everything else - every child hndles things differently. Be careful putting young kids on these with out VERY CLOSE supervision especially if they have no previous experience. Many wil argue with me but My twins are almost 3 yrs old. They were completely frustrated with the plastic tires of the electrics. I tried this at a VERY slow 1st gear walking beside them thing. My son now rides thoughout the yard under close supervision and my daughter I still walk. Different kids different skills

All in all... The kazumas have been great for us.

Old 11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

Here is my reply to another poster with a similar question...... are you located in Indiana? I am in southern Indiana.

These things can use a little wrenching from time to time, but they are good quads for the money. We've had ours for almost a year now. Yeah, I have had a few issues here and there, with the most recent being that it wouldn't start when cold. I got pretty frustrated with the quad, bought a new carb, and spent quite a bit of time on it. When it turned out to be the valves needing adjustment. (Just like the manual says) After adjusting the valves, she runs like a top again. These things provide lots of fun for the kids and are great bang for the buck. I just can't see spending 3 times the money on a "name brand" quad when they will be outgrown in a few years, or you end up putting them on a larger quad that they are not ready for. From just looking at these bikes, you would think they were just for riding around the yard, but my 5 year old can follow me on moderate trails through the woods with ease. Check out my gallery pics under JD4020 to see him muddin with it.

I did not purchase from Raceway, but have asked them for service advise and John has provided lots of insight and information, and I would recommend buying from them in the future.

2 friends also have the Kazuma 50's and have had no problems.

Jon