Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 hop up

Old 10-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 90 hop up

I just finished putting the Hotseat 90cc Speed kit on the boys Pred 90. Wow what a difference! I can just imagine what some porting and milling would do on top of what is allready done. I enjoyed working on this Predator, much easier than the Lt 80's.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

What did you do to it let us know? I knew Hotseat WAS having problems with getting a good combo together that would run very well at all especially clutching. I think Hotseat has improved somewhat. With milling and porting and a good head it will run much better than with the 90 psi compression or so it has stock. Glad it runs good should make the kids fight over it and not want to ride the Suzi anymore.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Our set-ups have been the same from day one the only thing we have changed was the jetting and that was a long time ago.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Its a great improvement. Good clutching, it doesnt rev up too high but its in the powerband and goes. The pipe isnt too loud, that may change with porting though. We are going to Pismo the week before Thanksgiving so that will be the real test. So far just around the house great set up for the price.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

With the right mods, how fast can you get the Predator 90?

Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Without hurtung the bottomend you can get 32 mph pretty easy. If bottom is not a issue you cna get way more.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

Like?

Old 11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've read about modified 90s doing 40 - 45 (and more) MPH. For some of the super racers, wallet depth is their only limit. Perhaps the sound barrier is the real limit???? On the more serious side.... Do consider the ground conditions for these faster speeds. When its suspension is in pure strock form, the risk of breaking a Swing Arm, A-Arm and/or snapping a frame dramatically rises when one exceeds default 32mph limit &/or pushes past minor trail riding conditions at slower speeds. If you plan to exceed 30-PLUS mph, seriously consider a stronger swing arm, wider A-Arms, applying gussets to the frame and installing much better shocks. Thus, allowing your young rider to "hang onto it" when hitting the throttle.

Talk about "souping up" a 90, don't forget to add Billy Holt at WRH Racing to your performance parts research list as well. I hear he as some great performance parts that would easily exceed the default 32mph limits. His contact details are: - Press Here - If wondering, we're using a few of his parts in my son's Trail Pred-90. His parts and tweaking advise has been "right on" every time.

Hope this helps as well....

Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

my 90 goes 38 mph and it just has a cdi, 39 tooth sprcket and a full exhaust pipe set thing. Unless my dad was lying which i sorta doubt but it beats our new 06 phoenix 200. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

I dont have stronger swing arms, wider a-arms, or better shocks or anything else like that and ive been riding with those parts in it for over a year and nothing has broke. well, my engine or sumthing just died becuase the electric started works, but the enigine doesnt amke any spark sounds or w/e, not letting it start. My dad said it isnt getting any gas and he thinks its clogged or kinked. But yea, other than than that, nothing has gone wrong. So can u tell me where to get some swing- arms and stuf like that for the pred 90? Or any other parts you think i just get. And the site names.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Predator 90 hop up