Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

KFX 50

Old 02-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 50

Thank You everyone!!! All your ideas have lead to great improvements & My son's satisfaction with his bike!!That great big smile on race day will be for you guys!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

Please see http://windhamracing.com for PIX
Text

Old 03-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

Where do you live that has all that racing?, I have also done some pretty substantial suspension mods, and just got in some sealed ball bearings for the a-arm pivots that really helped alot, the original design really limits the movement. If you want to see some pictures i could e-mail them to you.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

We are located on the island of Guam, in the south Pacific. Pretty much 85 degrees year round. Additonal mods have been made, completely cut the head and did almost all the porting completed, next will be the transfer ports. Bike is getting better but now need to find main jets. I have a 70 in it but need a little more top end. All I have is a 90, and the people that have the jets aren't giving them up. Anybody know a good shop for jets, preferably on the west coast somewhere?

Old 03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

love to see some pics
lwindham@guam.net
or windhamracing.com & choose email us Link

Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 50

The only place I could find them small enough is at bikebandit.com. They sell Mikuni jets in the sizes you need but not individually. They come in packs of 4 for $8.99, but they're all the same size and they won't mix and match sizes. I bought a pack of 65's and then drilled them out with the appropirate sized metric drill bits. A .70mm bit is a size 70 jet, .75mm a 75 jet, etc. The bits are available at grainger.com for about $1 each. It's a little bit of time and very minimal work but it beats paying the $5 per jet most shops charge for main jets, if you can even find them.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX 50

You can get the jets from Dennis Kirk in sets of 2. They can have their tech dept look up the corect style for you.

The quad is very very sensitive to the jetting....You shouldn't have to go past a 75 main jet.....try 72.5 and a 75. We live in FL and use a 75 main jet and the clip is the 2nd from the top on needle.

To tune the main jet on the carb you need to run the engine on top end and increase the main jet size until it breaks up (not the same as cutting off from lack of fuel...more of a stumble) at full throttle and then back off the jet size. This is how I was told to do it and it has worked out perfect for setting the main jet (I am no expert)....If anyone has any other ways please share them with me...I am always looking to learn something about these bikes.

Also check your plug....Once you start modding the stock plug is way too hot....We run a BPR7HS.....

We have a national port kit from PR Racing in Ohio, run Castor 927 premix 40:1 w/93 octane fuel, CT Kit (exhaust pipe/intake UNI and K&N), wiseco piston kit and all restrictors removed, plus the snow hog/douglas setup.

The bike runs great and starts with one pull everytime!!

Still if you want to go fast this is not the bike....kind of like banging your head against the wall....It will run against the other bikes now, but not so good when you compare the investment. IMO

Once we get the 06 DRR DRX50 the green machine will be for sale....No suspension to speak of on the KFX......

I must say it is a quality quad, just not the fastest or best handling....but for a "mini" 50 it is nice.....Most of the other 50s are so much bigger that a little guy can control them well enought to learn.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

Guys thank for the help. The bike is better, next step is to bore it and also order the DRR but until we then can anyone give me a website for sprockets? Counter shaft and rear? I appreciate all the assistance. Thanks!!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 50

BTW we have jets from .60 to .80 but the stock (.55) jet still seems to be best. ANything higher means the air screw is 3 screws out and I have been told here that is too much. Any ideas???

Old 04-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Default KFX 50

I just put 1 12T front and 37T rear and it really helped keep the bike from being in the higher RPM range too much..lost a little bottom, but I think it was worth it

An 11t fron would have been better but that was the lowest I could find besides 10t stock

www.patriotsprockets.com

Nice guys...Had the sprockets and chain within 4 days

2006 DRX50 is the way to go for sure.....They are out of stcok until April 11th...then the green machine may have to find a new home

Good luck

pittman racing in KY sells the DRX50 for $1,800 and they are really nice people.....Cheapest I have found

Search this Thread