Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

what size for four year olds?

Old 02-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size for four year olds?

Originally posted by: billl2099
we brought our grandkids kazuma 50 when one was 4 the other was 5, they had no problem riding these quads, remember if parnets waited until the kids were all grown up they're be no jeff gordons or all the rest, these racers started young and i'm a believer in teaching kids at a young age to ride and race, our son was racing motocross at age 5. we gave him a suzuki jr 50 at age 3, he was racing a suzuki rm 60 at 5,
lol..you got a dang good point there.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
My kids will be raised how i see fit. If you wanna pay for my kids i might give you a lil latitude on the input. but aslong as my dollar goes to them your opinion is better to be kept to your own kids. and when my kid kicks the chit outta the lil pussified kid dont come cryin to OFC about it cuz I'll just whoop you too... Why do people insist that the government knows whats right for my kids. guess all you that think that need to cut an aditional 25% outta your salary and pay for everyones kids. we may as well send all kids off to child rearing camps at birth. as you all think parents are completly incapable of making decisions for their children. so why allow them to have them? you want to take away all the tools parents have and tell them what to do.. You all know better than someone who lives with their child.

What a wonderfull world we would live in if everychild was the same and raised the same way.. WOO WHOO can you sign me up for boring idealogical world? This sounds so great.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
i never thought i would have to agree with a cowboy because rednecks and cowboys just don't get along for some reason but i'm with you on this one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My kids will be raised how i see fit.
You should and you better raise your kids on how you see fit, or someone else will come in and do it for you.

If you wanna pay for my kids i might give you a lil latitude on the input. but aslong as my dollar goes to them your opinion is better to be kept to your own kids.
Here is the deal, as a tax payer, I will end up having to pay your kids medical cost for his injuries he or she sustained while riding a quad at age 3 or 4 because you have no insurance to cover his medical costs.

and when my kid kicks the chit outta the lil pussified kid dont come cryin to OFC about it cuz I'll just whoop you too...
I will not stoop to this level.

[quote]
Why do people insist that the government knows whats right for my kids. guess all you that think that need to cut an aditional 25% outta your salary and pay for everyones kids. we may as well send all kids off to child rearing camps at birth. as you all think parents are completly incapable of making decisions for their children.[quote]

The government is not the one trying pass an ATV law, it is the groups and some people who do not want young children to ride Atvs who are pressuring the government to pass a law.

so why allow them to have them? you want to take away all the tools parents have and tell them what to do.. You all know better than someone who lives with their child.
Nobody is taking away any tools, they are just not going to allow anyone under the age of 16 to ride a quad, which I think is a little harsh.

What a wonderfull world we would live in if everychild was the same and raised the same way.. WOO WHOO can you sign me up for boring idealogical world? This sounds so great.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Come on now every one has different beliefs and morals there would be no possible way this could ever happen. It would be better to see every child treated equal. But this will never happen either.

Again all that WhoDatInDaMud is trying to do is make a person think twice before they take that step and put their young child on a quad. WhoDatInDaMud is also entitled to his opinion and does not need to keep it to himself. He has every right just like everyone else here in the forums to speak. And I bet if he can get just one person to think twice about the purchase of a quad, and maybe get them to hold off a year or two then he has done his job. Now don't get me wrong I might not agree with everything that people are trying to do, but I do agree that a 4 year old does not have the ability to safely operate a quad. They just do not possess the skills or attention span.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally posted by: smb05

If you wanna pay for my kids i might give you a lil latitude on the input. but aslong as my dollar goes to them your opinion is better to be kept to your own kids.
Here is the deal, as a tax payer, I will end up having to pay your kids medical cost for his injuries he or she sustained while riding a quad at age 3 or 4 because you have no insurance to cover his medical costs.
I would strongly have to disaggree with this statement simply because you don't know if he has insurance or not. That is just like grouping all atv riders as bad, and that no 4 year old has any skills, both of which have been addressed in this thread and others.

BTW OFC, have the kid take his lunch money too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer

dadadingdingdingdingdingdingding!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I never really know quite what to say in these threads. I didnt let my boys ride a mini bike until they could ride a bicycle with out training wheels. My oldest son asked for his training wheels to be taken off his bicycle at 3yrs 8mos. I was amazed. His little bro didnt want his training wheels taken off until he was 4 1/2. They were conmpletely different then and are still different riders today. Now having said that, I still wouldnt reccomend that anyone do it like i did. I just dont feel its my place to put some ones elses kids in danger.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think people setting age limits is bogus. Every kid is different, and they all mature at different paces. I know some kids that I would trust on a full size quad at a very young age, and I know some 16ish year olds that I would feel iffy about putting them on a smaller machine. I have a daughter due here in about a month, and if she is 3 years old and I know I can trust her judgement by having respect for a machine, I'll stick her on a mini bike that I can restrict. And if she is the type that just goes gun-ho and is off-the wall, then she might be getting a restricted mini at 6, 7, maybe later depending on what I think is best.

Im not necessarily recomending this, or fully agreeing with it, but when I was 5 years old I was stuck on a 200cc 3-wheeler, and at 8 or 9 I rode a ATC250R frequently. I don't think this was great parenting, but the point is that I was the type of kid the had a fear of the machines and respected it's power, so I rode them very cautiously. Now Im not going to go sticking my kids on a 250R at a young age, but I will do what "I" see fit and no one is going to tell me other wise because I will know my children better than anyone else. Half the country doesn't even know what is good for themselves, they shouldn't have the right to tell other people what to do.

Another question about this is, how come you have all this debate over the age limit of children on ATV's, but yet there is 14 year olds jumping tripples on a 125 class MX bike? And you have 12 year olds doing it on 85cc MX bikes![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Why is it that ATVer's seem to get all of the whiny people with the "under 16" crap?

Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Don't forget cart racing. Dropping a 5 year old in one of those is no big deal. But they can have some serious crashes in them.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
I think people setting age limits is bogus....
Another question about this is, how come you have all this debate over the age limit of children on ATV's, but yet there is 14 year olds jumping tripples on a 125 class MX bike? And you have 12 year olds doing it on 85cc MX bikes![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Why is it that ATVer's seem to get all of the whiny people with the "under 16" crap?
Excellent question. In my circles this is discussed and the generally accepted answer is very simple - there are not a lot of kids showing up in emergency rooms from riding MX bikes. If there were - I can guarantee that they would also be on the list. But they are not entirely off the radar scope. Because of the tens of thousands of kids injured on ATV's every year there is a push to prohibit anyone without a drivers license from operating any motorized vehicle. That would be a terrible mistake in my opinion.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Don't forget cart racing. Dropping a 5 year old in one of those is no big deal. But they can have some serious crashes in them.
I raced karts for about 4 years, but I don't feel the carts were to dangerous for the younger kids because they are so restricted. I never seen a young kid get hurt, I flipped one at 60 some mph and got a concussion tho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what size for four year olds?