Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

How to make the KFX50 faster?? (possible diagrams)

Old 06-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make the KFX50 faster?? (possible diagrams)

First off, hello to you all!

I'm new to this forum and have a quick question for those of you who have already modified your KFX50's. I read lots of posts already with the instructions that are needed to do the modification on the KFX50 but I'm having trouble identifying the restrictors that are mentioned on the intake and the exhaust. Do any of you know of a place that I can go to possibly get some diagrams with visual help at all or is there anything you can tip me towards to help identify the restrictors and exactly where they are located?

Any help with this is much appreciated!

Thanks,
~Tim

Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

Both restrictors are right where the manifold bolts to the cylinder. Remove the intake at the cylinder and turn upside down then look. You will see a slotted disk. I used a big screwdriver and turned it. It popped right out. Others have resorted to torches to heat up first but I didn't have any problem. On the exhaust side, unbolt the exhaust pipe from the cylinder and you will find a washer. Just remove the washer and bolt back together. You WILL need to rejet the carb. I would recommend going to the dealer and getting 60, 65 and 70 size jets just to make sure you have a good spread. If your dealer doesn't have them, they can be found online. While you're at it, you might want to drill some holes in the air box or get a K&N filter or Uni Filter for it. CT Racing has a pipe kit with a high compression head that really wakes these little bikes up. I highly recommend it. Comes witht the K&N filter, jets, pipe and head for about 5 bills. If you don't mind spending the money, Works makes a set of shocks that just about doubles the suspension travel. You might need it since the new top speed is near 25 mph (22-24 is what ours does). BTW, to avoid any confusion, the Suzuki LTA50 and Kawasaki KFX50 are the same bike. Your little rider will be beaming once s/he tastes the new power.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the information.

My daughter is 6 years old and has been riding a friends older lt50. We got her a KFX50 for her birthday and we took it to the dunes last weekend. The bike stock without the throttle regulator goes quick enough for putting around camp or the backyard, but on sand the thing was dying on even the smallest hills. We bought paddles for it and that helps a bit, but I need to make it more powerful for her to have fun on it. We go to the dunes almost every weekend for riding and it breaks my heart to see her so frustrated that she can't climb any hills.

Thanks for the information on the restrictors, and we're also looking into the CTracing kit for it. I want to see how the 50 performs after removing the restrictors before I decide to drop 500 dollars on it.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

Removing the restrictors will help but even after doing that, my son's LT50 really didn't wake up that much. With the pipe and high compression head, it definitely moves. If you do decide to go with the CT kit, don't bother purchasing their 'spark arrestor.' It is nothing more than a preformed stainless steel screen that fits in the end of the exhaust. While convenient, for what they ask you could buy alot of screen material and plenty of patience to form one yourself. It fits in the end of the silencer. With the kit on, my son had no problem climbing the sand hills at Croom here in Florida. Certainly don't qualify as dunes but they rise about 20 feet. As long as he had a little bit of a running start, he would accelerate up the hills in the sand pit. Have fun!