Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

JetMoto 150 Tranny Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetMoto 150 Tranny Issue

Hey Everyone - love this Jetmoto 150 and still have faith in it but....the tranny slips big time and within a few seconds under load disengages completely. The chain tension is fine, we adjusted that. The rider is 65 lbs so weight isn't an issue...Any ideas??? Thanks for the help

Old 12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Replace your CVT belt.

SB.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Forgot to mention - the bike is new!

Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

samdrew,

Make sure the linkage to the reverse gear is adjusted properly. If the gear engages just enough it will act like it is in neutral. You will loose power to the rear wheels. If you suspect the problem is in the CVT the best thing to do is put the quad on a stand and pull the CVT cover. Start the quad give it throttle and see what happens.

SB.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know how much swing there's supposed to be in that arm? Would an out of whack adjustment make it lurch and grab? It gets going, then feels like it looses it, catches and lurches, then continues until it spins as if in neutral. I'm not extremely skill in tearing these apart - really just trying to buy 12-18 months until he can physically handle a 250.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum samdrew![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Check the reverse lever on the rear end and make sure its all the way released. It moves back as it releases. There should be no tension what so ever on the spring that is attatched to the lever. If that checks out ok youi may have a faulty item in the CVT. Have you contacted the person you bought it from?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the welcome... John at Raceway has been very helpful, he's going to locate a Jetmoto wrench turner around North Atlanta for me. We discussed that lever as well - the swing (movement) in that is minimal and the spring is slack. While I'm no mechanic, it seem like something inside is the issue - what's CVT stand for? We'll get it worked out...I was hoping for it to be something obvious as most of the major brand dealers what nothing to do with this bike. Thanks for the feedback

Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

CVT stands for constant velocity transmission. Most likely it is the adjustment in the rear gearbox but anything is possible.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer

Sam,
Try this site buggynews.com It has a huge section on the cvt tranny. It is the same on those dune buggies. The v stands for variable ( don't mean to step on any toes)
Tim

Old 02-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: samdrew
Hey Everyone - love this Jetmoto 150 and still have faith in it but....the tranny slips big time and within a few seconds under load disengages completely. The chain tension is fine, we adjusted that. The rider is 65 lbs so weight isn't an issue...Any ideas??? Thanks for the help
I have the same darn problem! It's ticking me off. Funny thing is it didn?t do this brand new so it has to be damage or an adjustment problem. I have removed and inspected the tranny twice and have not found any problem in it. I have replaced the rear clutch, and that wasn't the problem either. I believe the issue is in the shifting mechanism. Here is why: If I rev the engine and move the shifter handle back and forth, I can feel the gears catch in side the tranny. I thought maybe it was the clutch just barely grabbing, but I was wrong. I am pretty sure now that it has to be either an adjustment to the shifting mechanism/handle or the actual part that moves inside the tranny got bent. I think it might have gotten bent by the kids riding the quad and not being completely stopped before shifting. It seems to want to go into reverse easier than forward for some reason. I am running out of theories and could use some help myself. Anyone have any ideas or can explain the adjustment technique on the shifter?
Thanks

Quick Reply: JetMoto 150 Tranny Issue