Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kids atv comparison

Old 03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids atv comparison

I am looking at buying my son an atv. I have looked at Hensim, Kazuma, Bmx, Redcat, and many more. I just want a dependable easy to operate unit that I can get parts and/or service when needed. I have been looking at the 90 to 125 size units. We live in Northwestern Minnesota and have plenty of trails and land to ride on and my son is very excited to get one. I would appreciate any input on any of the atv's listed so I can make an informed decision in time for my sons birthday the beginning of next month.

Thank you,

Todd[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out Raceway.com. ANd the JetMoto brand. You wont find better service anywhere and JetMoto is by far the best Off brand atv you can get.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

stay away from sunl if you're looking for dependable, parts and after sell service.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

And don't forget the check out the Taiiwanese bikes, like Kymco and E-ton. they are more $, but also more reliable and better built.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

If you are mechanically inclined, the off-brand bikes are the way to go, they are descent "disposable" atv's. I've had two of them for my kids and there are six more in the neighborhood. They are fun little bikes, but just not built to take a lot of rider abuse that the kids usually dish out while learning. They are very simple to work on, and have a 50/50 shot of them being undamaged and ready to run when shipped to the door. The main feature I liked about them is having reverse. The other reason is the price, who knows how long or how interested your child is going to be into riding, honestly, a vast majority stick with it, the lesser few give it up and do not want any parts of it. I have continuously worked on all the neighborhood quads with problems like,bad stators, bolts that were tight, coming loose, broken plastic, bad batteries, broken frames, ignition boxes and so on. If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate on buying a big name brand, even if I don't know how long the kids would ride it, they are very easy to sell. plus parts are easier to get, you can usually go on-line and find a micro-fische or a service manual, and they are built a lot stronger. I'm not saying that they are perfect, but you have the dealer to stand behind it. I currently own a Yamaha Grizzly 125 auto with reverse, it is a very strong pulling atv for my 11yr old son. In the past two years he has put about 300 miles on it andonly have had to adjust the brakes and chain once, it is a sealed and greased chain. i currently am waiting on my 7yr old girls Polaris Pink Outlaw 90cc it too is an automatic with reverse, she currently has a Meercat pink 70cc auto, have had issues with brakes, and electrical and she is currently physically too big for the bike, no she is not fat, but average height for her first grade class, and with the hanlebars adjusted her knees are in the way of her turning,even when she leans, thus causing frequent roll-overs, even at slower speeds. Just something to think about.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

Metalfury,
Check out Ebay under AZSupply in Edmond , OK. They have a 150 Hi Bird auto that is great Bought one for my wife and am buying another for myself. I had a 200 but the auto is much better and just as strong. And the same size.You can use the throttle limiter if he's too young yet. But if he can handle the 125's , the 150 would be fine and allow him to keep it untill he is grown. They sell them for $950 on ebay but if you call in the order they will ship it to your door for $900. They are really smooth Honda GY6 engines and strong as heck. Check them out you'll be glad you did.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my son a baja 110, he has rided it 30 times. I dont remember if my Brother-in-law put final gear oil in it or not. I was trying to read the manual but it really doesnt tell me where to put it. The manual says that it has a dip stick but the only one that has a dip stick in the place where you put the oil. Can you tell me where to put it and how much since it doesnt have a dip stick.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

my neighbor has one,the rear end is where the shifting takes place from forward to reverse, if this is like yours, then theere are two plugs, one for filling and one for the high level mark on the side of the rear end. unscrew the lower one and if oil comes out, it's at the corrrect level check color also, clear,ok black change it.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Or you sure its a baja 110. Baja Motorsports told me that Baja doesnt make a 110 atv.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

My advise is to stay away from the Chinese brands and get a good reliable ATV like Polaris, Honda, E-Ton, Yamaha, etc. In the long run you will be glad you did! Take it from someone who went with a Chinese brand and now owns a Polaris 90cc. The build quality is like night and day which means a much safer bike for your son. It will be more expensive upfront but I feel that you can't put a price on the safety of our children. Also, when it comes time to sell it you will have a bike with a good resale value vs. the Chinese bike will be at the curb for garbage pickup. Just my $.02

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kids atv comparison