Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Chinese Atv Battery goes dead

I have to continualy charge my battery. I have purchased a brand new one and followed the charging instructions wil a slow charge. Same problem, the only things I have changed on the bike is the spark plug D8TC to a ngk DR8EA and the headlight bulbs, went from a 18 watt to a 25 watt. I now ride with the lights off to conserve power. Would this be in my stator not charging, how would one check this.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

could be the startor but my bet would be the rectifier (voltage regulator)
Old 10-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

What quad do you have. Is the battery dead after riding or is it dead after it sits for a few days?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

It is called a giovanni but has a zongshen motor in it. Goes dead while riding.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I would check the charging system,it could still be the battery.Will your atv stay running even though the battery is dead ?(maybe if you use a jump box)I took my kids out ridding yesterday,and the new utility we were ridding did this...I took a volt meter across the battery and while it was running,it read 14.1 volts,so I new the ATV was charging correctly.Each battery cell in a 12 volt system is 2.1 volts,and running you should have approx 13.5 to 14.5 volts,Just a quick way to see if it's charging.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

With the bike running at any rpm I get 11.75 volts. Now that I know it's not charging what component would be the faulty one. CDI, Rectifier or Stator. I would think the rectifier but not sure. If I put my meter on the rectifier should it read the 13 to 14 volts. Any thoughts?

Thks
Old 10-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

leroy,
The CDI box would not have anything to do with the charging system,but the regulator or stator would.The regulator is the easiest to try(it usally is retangular shapped with 2 hold down bolts,a small pigtail,and cooling fins on it)Like A car with an external regulator,there would have to be a way to "full field the charging system"but I am not sure what to jumper to "FULL FIELD" But I may have extra regulators if you would like to try one!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:40 PM

Tags
12, aftre, atv, batteries, battery, charging, china, chineese, chinese, dead, drained, quad, riding, system, volt