Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum just signed up this morning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I want to buy an atv, I have had street bikes but never owned a atv. My brother-in-law has owned a few and I listen to his opinons but that just one person.
I am interested in buying a Vbike 250 utility or the 300 M utility but need opinon's on a few things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

1. Shaft drive vs a chain drive?

2. Air cooled vs water cooled?

3. Five speed vs four speed?

Your suggestions and opinions will help me alot in deciding witch model to purchase.

Thanks
Mr.Moose

Old 06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

Vbike has a good 250cc utility (see my profile and pictures) its got power and a good size for a Chinese. Enough power and size to carry both me and the wife (combined wieght 500+ lbs) the bike itself wieghts just under 500 so thats a combo weight of 1,000 when we are both on it and it goes reasonably well in the woods and hills here in Arkansas. Pluse the fact the guy in Okla who is the major distributor is great to work with as far as customer relations and warrenty work. I see many posts on here where people have bought a Chinese import and find where they cant get someone to return the call. They cant find parts for it. When they do get to talk to a live voice about parts they are out of stock. I havent heard any bad remarks on Vbike . Myself I have had some warrenty work and just sent an email to the Distributor and Tim returns my phone call with in the day asks what the problem is and I tell him, he tells me to take the part off and send to him and he puts a new one in the mail ASAP hardly no wait.
Shaft vs chain. Most of the Chinese I see comments on here about dont have a chain tightner and the chain does wear and become loose. My Vbike is shaft driven . not sure if the shaft drive or the utility version , but its slower but less maintenance than the chain. But if it should require service the shaft is said to be more expensive to repair.
Air cooled vs water cooled, I can only see the benefit of water cooled over air in the fact that the water cooled might last longer having the water to cool the engine. But agian there is more to go wrong , water pumps, gaskets leaking , antifreeze , etc. etc. I chose air cooled .
4 speed or 5? My 250 utilitiy is a 5 spead low end is very slow and pulls great. Top end is also slow I think I have never had it much over 25 to 30 MPH on a GPS unit I use so that might be off a little, I am not a racer or flyer I only ride in the forest and trails to see and look around plus hunt and fish . Speeds I think would just be an individual choise. Vbike also has a 250 cc sport utility which I looked at but didnt like for my uses it was a chain drive , air cooled, and I think 5 speed. It might have gone a little faster MPH but again I am not a speed freak.