Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default lt50 2 stroke oil?

Is the lt50 oil injection fed? i need to know so i can buy the correct oil, need to know if i need injector mix or if i could use the same premix 2stroke oil that i mix with the petrol for my mx bike.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

If it's a 2-stroke Suzuki 50 (LT-50 until about 2000, LT-A50 from about 2001-2005?, LT-Z50 four stroke thereafter) it's oil injected and there should be an oil tank under the seat. A lever under the rear of the seat releases it so you can lift it up. The tank's cap says "OIL" right on it. Obviously don't premix.

Any good quality 2-stroke oil will work great. I buy NAPA's brand in quarts because that little engine doesn't drink very much of it.

That's a great little machine you have there. My son LOVES his and rides wherever we do. We have the machine restricted to about 13-15 MPH which still gives him enough power to climb some surprisingly steep hills.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for the reply WAATV, I think i worded my question wrong, i know where the oil tank is and how to get to it. im wanting to know can i put normal 2 stroke oil in the same as i put in my mx bike or do i have to buy injector mix oil. i had a road bike a while back and i had to buy injector mix oil and couldnt use normal premix oil.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I presume regular 2-stroke oil will work. I've never heard anyone suggest otherwise, and it's what I use. I don't have the manual handy or I'd look it up. Perhaps someone else has access to their manual and can look it up.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

ok thanks. i dont know what the difference is between the premix oil and injector mix, im thinking injector mix is thinner than premix. If anyone else has a lt50 can you post which 2 stroke oil you use please.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I use the Suzuki brand oil that they sold me at the dealership, but I've heard some people prefer a synthetic.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I am currently using yamalube. Any 2 stroke oil from the dealer will work.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2003, 2005, 50, 50cc, atv, cycle, injector, lt50, lta50, oil, premix, schematic, stroke, suzuki, type