Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

hensim atv

Old 02-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hensim atv

I'm looking at a hensim 250 cc utility atv.Has anybody ever heard of them?Are they any good and has anybody every dealt with contry motorsports?Any input would be helpful.Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

Carguy:
Hey , I did a lot of researching before I bought my Vbike. Take a look at the Vbike site. There is a 250cc utility that is almost exact same thing on specs. I bought one and very satisfied with the Vbike plus the fact the Hensim on one site sells for 3700 and the Vbike sells for 1950 or did when I bought mine. I think both are made by the same company as for the looks. And, not real sure but a copy of the older Honda . See my page as I have a couple of pictures up and very proud of it.
Due to weather conditions I havent had it out much but what I have , no complaints other than the reverse shift is a lever on the left side . A bit awkward but I can live with it

Old 02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default hensim atv

Do not know anything about the hensim, but by the pictures it looks like they put a bigger frame under a mini quad body. That is pretty common for a lower priced "adult size" Chinese ATV's. You can tell by the tires. They extend past the body on the sides to make it wider.

This is fine, but if you are looking for a true "adult size" take a look at the Vbike leesumm has. The wheels are better inclosed in the fender wells.

Might take a look at this unit at ATVdiscounter.com, Hunter 250 Utility ATV-20.

It is in the same price range and is a full size body like the Vbike and my Marshin which you can take a look at in my profile. They also have some other ATV similar to this as well as some like the Hensim.

Just passing on something that I have noticed.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

hmmmmm George ?
IF I didnt know better I would say you stoll my picture of my Vbike looks just like mine sitting on the trailer after I got it done . You even have a ladder leaning agaisnt the house as in my picture LOL

Old 02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

Sorry 'bout that when I saw your post after mine and the pic I didnt see the fine print between the pictures .
For the price I cant say any thing bad , well even if I paid more of what one should have cost I still cant say anything bad other than I paid too much and didnt buy the Vbike to begin with . It might be a Chinese import at a few thousand less but for me it does what a 5,000 quad is supposed to do

Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hensim atv

Thanks a bunch guy's.I went on the atvdiscounter site and found the hunter.So 2 questions.Have you ever dealt with this site and do either of you have the hunter?
The vbike was out of the price range for now.I did see what you meant about the tires on the hensim.I am 6' tall and 250lbs.I have been buzzing around the yard on my kids 150 eagle and it does seem ok.The problem of course is buying off the web I can't sit on it and see if it fits!You know what I mean?I really appreciate all of your input and help.Thanks a bunch!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

If its any help to you Carguy, I am 6'2 and about 200 and the wife rides double with me we havent had any problem yet with weight or size she is about 5'8 and does have to use the rear carrier for part of the seat with me hunched up the gas tank . But riding single not a problem

Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

I might add , when buying whether its online or in person. The biggest consideration of buying one would be the availability of parts . Can the dealer , person or??? get the parts to you as you need them . In reading on some of the Hensim's I read a lot of remarks about not getting the parts as needed from the sellers. The guy at Vbike boasts availability and I got mine in person . He does have the parts . He says if something goes wrong need parts and a phone call and they are out in 24 hours. My question would be why pay less and not be able to get service ? This Vbike isnt common but I have had many many people comment on it as older Honda look alike, and Vbike does say go to Honda first . But if you are handy with tools and mechanics serviceing shouldnt be a problem only if you cant get the parts.
Please note I DO NOT work for Vbike , I was like you on a limited spending amount and the Vbike filled the ticket for me. I am not sorry I bought one. ask me in a year from now I might say somethign different

Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hensim atv

Actually,I have bought 2 so far.The first 2 atvs were from rightway atv.They were promising shipping before xmas and that was important to me because they were for my boys.Got here before xmas and I set them both up(I'm a professional auto tech).No problem there.2 weekends later the kid blows the semi auto clutch out of his.NO service from rightway,NONE.Did get through to a human and they told me to change the oil.Long story short.I have replaced the clutch and the kid is having a blast.I have resigned myself that after purchasing on the web warranty is a joke and I believe you are right about parts.While looking at these atv's I have found several that are the same,just at different places.When the time comes,whoever has the parts will get the buiseness.This forum is great.I have learned a bunch and already think I will probably buy from the atv discounter site.I was looking at a sun L they had but I hit the forum and NOBODY seems to like the bikes.That steered me away from the sunl but not the chinese brands altogether.The other atv I got (150cc)Not a single problem with it yet.Thing runs great and starts fairly easy.I am in NY and it gets cold here.I truly believe that alot of the problems people are experiencing with these machines is the setup.I think you get quite a bit for not alot of cash.I can do most repirs on my own.I like the forum,you guys have already helped me out quite a bit.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default hensim atv

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: carguy1

Thanks a bunch guy's.I went on the atvdiscounter site and found the hunter.So 2 questions.Have you ever dealt with this site and do either of you have the hunter?

The vbike was out of the price range for now.I did see what you meant about the tires on the hensim.I am 6' tall and 250lbs.I have been buzzing around the yard on my kids 150 eagle and it does seem ok.The problem of course is buying off the web I can't sit on it and see if it fits!You know what I mean?I really appreciate all of your input and help.Thanks a bunch!</end quote></div>

I just ordered a 2008 Hanma Utility R-9 ATV-67 from ATVdiscounter last Friday. They have been a member on ebay for 5 years and have over a 99 percent positive feedback with 6914 sales. I have called and emailed them and they responded very quickly through both methods. I just got notice it shipped today and is expected on the 4th. I do not have the hunter or know anyone who does. It is the same body as my Marshin. I have learned that my engine is a Lifan which has a good reputation. I do not know what motor the hunter has but it looks like the same engine used in the Roketa. In fact it looks like the exact same unit. You can find more info here http://roketa.com/product/6/0/2434.shtml

I know that this Roketa at a local retailer is $3195.oo. They are water cooled and shaft drive. I fit on my Marshin just fine. My upper legs slope slightly downwards. I am 6'1" at 135. I also ride double with my wife and we both fit fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hensim atv