Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2000 Suzuki LT80 Quad Sport mod project

Old 07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default 2000 Suzuki LT80 Quad Sport mod project

Looks like you got two of the best here now. Good luck with the upgrades.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet looking LT hymis. do you have a list of the mods done etc... basically i was wanting to elimnate a bunch of the stiock plastice etc... too. those nerfs are the dg ones? man i cant wait to tear into this thing and make it go zoom. lol.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep DG . I have a video clip of the lt 80 jumping huge and you can hear the exhaust really well. If I can find the clip I'll email it to you.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok one thing i was reading about is the works shocks are meant for a 50-70 pound rider. my son is almost 100pounds. another thing i was thinking to do was measure the front shocks and then just try to match them up to soemthing better that will fit and isnt $350. any thoughts on this?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok. so i have decided to get the trinity racing pipe. just waiting to see if they will ship it to me in canada. been trying to find somebody to ship me the complete set of 3 works shocks as well. going to try the clutch clean rebuild and 4 rollers instead of 6. i think it will work better for me as the tires i am going with are the itp holeshots in 20". i have been told that they actually measure about 19.5" and the stockers are 19's so not much difference there. i am looking for recomendation as to what gearing i should use with this tire and rim set up. i know they will be slightly heavier but wont know exactely how much diff until i get them. as for the block off plate the only one i could find was one for a blaster. i am going to dry fit it to see if it will work. i searched many times on this subject here and on google but didnt have any luck finding one specific to the lt 80. is there anything else i should be looking at? here is my revised list so far.

itp c9 rims +2"
itp holeshots 20"
regear and chain(suggestions?)
dg front bumper and nerfs
renthal highrise aluminum bars
trinity pipe
oil injector block off
K&N with prefilter
works shocks(3) and shock wears
boysen 2 stage reeds
rebuild and modify clutch
lighten modify stock plastics etc...

i am not sure about the motor mods by jack. if i need to rebuild is it a complete waste to do it before? plus i am in canada and he's in the states. is that a problem? would really like some more info about it. anyway back to the phone to see what i can locate. thanks again

Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i just talked to ct racing on the phone. i cant belive how rude the lady was with me. i basically stated what was said here and she went into a bunch of speils about that wont work and neither will that. where are you getting this info from because it is all wrong. i explained which tires i was going with and she told me that it was a stupid choice. i also explained about regearing to accomodate the tires and she said and who exactely is going to custom make those for you. basically told me the only thing to do was send them my motor and such and they would do the complete power kit yadda yadda yadda. of course only for the cheap price of about $1000 cdn with shipping and all that. i tried to explain things to her and she just kept interupting me. so i finally just said. "look i wanted to spend some of my money on your products but with the way you have treated me on the phone i will spend elswhere or get stuff made. keep your products and good luck selling them with that attitude." just stumps me. a guy calls and asks for info and tells them what i was going to do and i want to spend some money with you and she basically calls me stupid or at least makes me feel that way. instead of explaining and making some recomendations based off what i wanted. if she was polite and helpfull she would have had a good sale today and possibly even sold me the motor mods complete package etc... but instead....

Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Range Rover

PM or call LT80

Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: YZOtis

PM or call LT80</end quote></div>

X2