I hope you guys can help me out.
Will the LIFAN 110cc Top End Cylinder, Piston, Rings, Head, and Wrist Pin) bolt on the LONCIN 110cc Bottom End?
I need to know this because I'm attempting to build her Mini Eagle along with a very good ATV Shop Owner and Mechanic Withrow Power Sports".
I bought my little girl a TAO-TAO Mini Eagle with a 110cc Loncin Four Stroke Motor two years ago for her birthday. I took extra precautions to make sure that nothing prematurely failed. As soon as I took the Quad out of the crate I went ahead and broke it down the rest of the way and put Nylon Lock Nuts and Permatex Heavy Duty Loc-Tite on every nut and bolt on the Chassis. Then I called the local Yamaha Dealer "Lee's Yamaha & Suzuki" and got the brake in procedure that they use on the Raptor 125cc Youth Quad, and Premixed the 93 Octane Fuel 100:1 with Klotz Super Techno-Plate Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil that I use in my Yamaha Banshee. After the Motor was broke in properly I changed the oil with Mobil-1 10W-40 ATV Oil mixed with two oz of TWO2Cool ATV Oil Additive.
Then I started research the week points and found out that the main problems associated with the Chines ATV's were:
- Cheap Break In Oil From Factory (Equivalent to Canola Oil)
- Cheap Restrictive Exhaust with EGR System
- Junky non-adjustable 20mm Carburetor
- Loose Nuts and Bolts
- Cheap Soft Yard Tires that wear quickly
- Frame Painted with Automotive Paint VS Powder Coat
So I got on eBay and ordered the Parts and Had a Local Machine Shop make the stuff that would fix those weak links:
- I had already put Mobil-1 and Additive in the Motor so that took care of the Oil.
- Brand New Full FMF Power Core 4 Exhaust (Head Pipe & Silencer) and EGR Block off Plate for a Honda TRX-90.
- Brand New Mikuni VM-26, 26mm Performance Carburetor, UNI Dual Stage Foam Filter/Air Box Lid Inserts, 110cc Chinese Moped Air Box/Rubber Boot, Sky Performance Monster 26mm-28mm Carburetor Intake and Five Way Adjustable Intake Mount Base.
- I had already replaced and Loc-Tited all the Fasteners with Stainless Nylon Loc Nuts/Bolts/Permatex HD Loc-Tite that were on the Chassis/Frame, so that solved that.
- I ordered New Oversize 3-Lug Polished Aluminum Blue Label Douglas Wheels, and ITP Hole Shots from Nac's.
- Brand New ADA Racing Cool Head Plate for a Honda TRX-90 with new Heavy Duty Gasket.
- And I had Qualex Machine Tool and Die in Lexington Kentucky Build me a Complete set of Aluminum Skid Plates (A Arm, Belly, Rear Swing Arm) to protect The Frame.
After I did that I haven't done anything other than change the oil a couple of times and change out the Rear Brake Fluid in the Rear Brake Reservoir with PRESTONE D.O.T. 4. I haven't had one single problem until about a month ago. Her Quad just Stopped, I took it to Withrow Power Sports and had Matt take a look at it. He broke it down and found that she had bent a Intake Valve some how??? I figured since she Drag Raced (100ft Dirt Drags in the 10yr and under 50cc-125cc Youth Class) in the Near by County Fairs with me (392cc Banshee) and my Brother (TRX-250R) that I would buy some of the internal Performance Parts I ran across on the Internet when I was searching for her bolt parts. I bought a BCI Mega Cam and a set of SHINDY Performance Valves to go in the Loncin Head. It turns out that they wont fit the LONCIN but they will Fit the LIFAN. I figured with over 150hrs on the quad anyway she was due a new top end any way. I can buy the LIFAN Cylinder, Piston, Rings, Wrist Pin, and Head for $65.00 and bolt it on the LONCIN Bottom End if it will work. I can buy just the LIFAN Head that the BCI Cam and SHINDY Valves will go in for $20.00. If just the LIFAN Head will bolt on the LONCIN Cylinder and the Existing LONCIN Piston and Rings are good I'd just go that rout. It should be fine because I broke it in right and I've run nothing but Mobil-1 10W-40 Full Synthetic Oil.
Please get back with me on this guy's. She's wanting to ride and while I'm in the motor I want to do it right. I don't want to put it back together and then decide I want to do more performance work and have the expense and time involved in having to get Withrow to tare it back down. Any input would be greatly be appreciated.