Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hensim 70cc Carb Adjustments

Old 04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hensim 70cc Carb Adjustments

Hi, I'm trying to get our 2006 70cc Hensim quad to run. It has sat for 2 years in a garage so I picked up a new battery and spark plug. I'm pretty sure some old gas was sitting in it. I can get it started with some starter fluid, but you have to hold the throttle in the middle or it will stall when not giving gas. It also will stall if you give it max throttle. After some tinkering we got it to run so my 10yr old nephew got 1 ride on it, but he stalled on it twice. I think I messed up the Carb trying to fine adjust, because now its impossible to ride without stalling while hitting gas. I have no knowledge really, but its no worse then it was before. On the side of the carb there is a middle screw with a spring on it and then there is a panhead screw to the left. What are the stock settings for these? Would really help me out alot! I didnt mess with the needle screw going upwards near the air filter intake.

On a side note my air filter is cracked where the pipe goes into the filter and I have a leak on the side of the gas tank where you put a screw at. Would these greatly affect the performance as well? I'll get them fixed asap.

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I have never dealt with these motors before. Thank you again for taking the time to read this and I really appreciate it.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the bowl off the carb and take the needle jets are pluged shut so take those out soak them in carb cleaner then blow them out with compressed air they have to be spot less and clean of debre so it runs right and the idle srew is usually 1 1/2 turns out from being turned in all the way the other is the throtle and that one you have to edjust when its running and when its warm you have to fine tune it a little more to get it right