Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

TauTau 110cc ATV

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TauTau 110cc ATV

I bought a TauTau 110cc ATV for my daughter back in 2010 and it hasnt been run in about a year now. I did put gas stabalizer in the tank before i let it sit. now that we have the new ignition for it we are trying to get it running for her to ride. Now heres the problem.

We had to replace the plug in it and we gapped it like it requested .006 - .008.
It will start but only when being full choked. After it starts on choke if you touch the throttle any little bit it will die. Even if you take the choke completely off it will die. Check fuel line, gas flows good. Check filter and lines no leaks and filter is clean.

What should I do to fix this lil bugger and get it back running again for her to enjoy or have i wasted my money on this little thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joe & Ash = Schmash

Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

remove the carburetor. disassemble the carb. pull/remove the jets, clean the jets and all of their orifices. make sure you see daylight through them. double check float assembly/needle valve action for proper operation. reassemble the carb. fire it and up and ride.

here's some videos, there are several other videos out there and they'll all be about the same. go get some carb cleaner in an aerosol can, i also use on oxy-acetylene torch tip cleaner pack to clean the orifices on the jets, but you can use a small wire or guitar string. or just compressed air. use eye protection to keep all solids and cleaners out of your eyes.

now, in the videos below, your carb may not be identical, but it's the principle of the process. all carbs must be cleaned at some point in time and these videos give the generic and some specific information. if all else fails, take pics and notes to help you out with your carburetor.

how to clean a carb on a ATV - YouTube

Cleaning the carb on an ATV - YouTube

How to clean a carburetor in 15 minutes - YouTube