Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Coolster 110cc ATV Carb and Air Filter questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolster 110cc ATV Carb and Air Filter questions

I recently purchased a Coolster 110cc ATV (3050-C) that needs some work and have a few questions while i'm waiting for an M311 manual:

1. was missing carb. ordered a new one, and now that I'm installing I can't figure out where the second fuel line goes. the one in the middle of the carb goes to filter and ultimately gas tank. where does the second line that comes out of the bottom of the bowl connect to?

2. the air filter that was on the atv has two connectors. one that goes to the carb, and then out the other side is a nut/inlet that attaches to a line that goes to the crankcase. a factory filter did not have this nut/inlet. so now I'm wondering if this was just a crankcase vent that someone attached to the filter or if the factory filter I ordered actually sent the wrong part?

3. The exhaust pipe has a connection that comes out by the foot brake, runs into a small gray sensor of some type, then runs into a black line that runs up the frame by the handlebar, and ends with something that looks like a fuel filter, but it's black. It's not capped, and there appears to be a missing connection. The only thing I can think of is that this should go into the gas cap vent (but that is also capped with a vent). It seems that it would be unsafe to vent exhaust back into the gas tank though.... Wondering what the purpose of this is and if it should actually go somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can upload pics if necessary.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Johnnyg768 the Coolster 110 isn't a model we see much of, but I know motopartsmax.com sells parts for those machines. Also here is a link for Coolster's contact information, Contacts | Coolster.com

Good luck!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. That's where I ordered the parts. I know it's a Chinese atv, and clones 80s Hondas. Was a toss up which forum to post in. I'll repost in Chinese and delete this one.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Since I can't delete, and can't repost the same message, I'll post a link to this within "Chinese"

Here are links to a few pics of the things in question:

pic of Air Filter

pic of tube that connects to Air Filter (crankcase vent?)

carb overflow?

exhaust thing????

Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Resolved

So I was able to answer my own questions with a lot of digging. Updating the thread for others:

Originally Posted by johnnyg768
Since I can't delete, and can't repost the same message, I'll post a link to this within "Chinese"

Here are links to a few pics of the things in question:

pic of Air Filter

pic of tube that connects to Air Filter (crankcase vent?)

The tube coming out of the air filter does connect to a crankcase vent. This doesn't appear to be a very popular setup, but I have found one other pic with similar. Most crankcase vents seem to just be a dangling hose...

This is a carb drain hose, for draining gas. It shouldn't connect to anything. My first carb.

The exhaust thing is actually supposed to be open. Its for emissions, and allows air to get into exhaust to burn more gases. If you have a bulge after this piece, that is apparently a catalytic converter in the pipe.

Any help is appreciated!
Hope this helps others!

The following users liked this post:
slingblade01 (05-07-2021)