Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 will not idle less than 1/4 throttle

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 will not idle less than 1/4 throttle

First of all I have searched for days and cannot find an issue like mine. I have a 98 LT80 that I just did the top end on because the carb had fell off and sucked in sand and scored the cylinder. I also cleaned, boiled, poked out the passages on the carb and installed new jets, stock. The bike will run, very rich. It will not idle unless I adjust the throttle cable out to nearly 1/4 throttle. I have the banshee petcock and it appears to not be floddling the engine. I pulled the carb off and hooked up the gas line and left it on, no extra gas came out. I have since put the old jets, which are clean, and old throttle needle. The bike does the same thing, it revs fine but there is no way that I can have the throttle closed and keep it running. In the manual carb diagram it shows a washer under the e-ring that holds the throttle needle in place, the one used for adjustment. There was nothing there when I took it apart and in the kit there is a small o ring that fits the needle but I've never seen that before, I've seen where there is a small aluminum washer under the e-ring. I hope someone can help, I need to get this running right so I can sell it, need parts for the Banshee. I've also posted this same question in the Suzuki part of the forum but thought I might get some help here also.