Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

01 eton txl90...NO BALLS....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 eton txl90...NO *****....

Now that i have your attention...

Hello, first off. Obviously im new here due to my low post count. But, i just acquired a 2001 txl-90 for $100, not running of course, and missing some stuff. we cleaned the carb, new plug, cleaned gas tank and added new gas, new in-line fuel filter, bigger gas lines, new starter, new battery, new oil and new-ish plastics, "upgraded" fox racing air filter and a bad *** pro-circuit exhaust (custom, obviously)...BUT, she starts right up, idles perfect, but when given more then half throttle, she boggs down UNLESS we have the air intake tube 90% covered. when you restrict the air intake it runs like a beast, but as soon as you let off it boggs down again. was looking through some older post and guys recommended replacing the automatic choke with the manuel, but i dont see that being the problem since it starts right up every time. another post said something about a "reed valve"....or it might need a bigger jet? thats why i turned to you guys, hopefully you can help me out! thanks in advance!!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you replaced the stock air filter and exhaust with components that move more air, you need to adjust the carb to flow more fuel as well. While it is a good idea to go to as manual choke, I am not sure this is your current problem as it runs well when you richen the air/fuel mix by blocking the intake. I would go bigger on the main jet, probably 2 or 3 sizes and see if it runs better.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok we got it fixed. when I initially took the carb apart I didn't realize the one needle had 4 crossing holes to mist the fuel, and then one that went straight through to spray when on the throttle. apparently the carb was never cleaned because the hole was packed and I didn't even realize it was a hole....we tested the choke, and it's broken too, but its on the to-do list along with new sprockets.....fun little atv, my son loves it. best $100 ive spent.