Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

ETon Viper 90R Cant figure this thing out !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETon Viper 90R Cant figure this thing out !!

I've been working on this on and off for about 6 months now and cannot figure this thing out.

Its the common No Spark viper....

Daughter was riding it and it stalled out, wouldn't restart took it home found it had not spark. When I stalled it felt like it was stuck in gear, because it was hard to push back.

After finding it had no spark search on line and followed the troubleshooting guides. Replaced the stator thought it was bad, no spark. Replaced the left hand rear brake switch then the coil. Once in while it would get spark and I even rode it down the road a little thinking i fixed.
After that bought a used CDI from ebay and still nothing. But once again it did get a little spark with both CDI's connect at once time, but just not consistent.

So now im starting to think the shift solenoid might be the issue, but if I apply power to turns on.

Really no idea where to go from hear, almost ready to part it out and raise the white flag.

If you can think of anything I missed please let me know, im willing to try it !

Old 01-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its 2007 Eton Viper 90R four stroke model incase that makes a difference.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

No ideas ??

Think it could still be the CDI ? Not sure the chance of 2 of them having the same issue. Like I said the one I got was used.

Im think next thing is to pull apart the wiring and check for shorts, but not really sure if im going in the right direction or should I be looking at something else.

Is there a Eton forum any where ? Was looking but couldn't find one.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

If you have done all the checks and still have a problem there isn't a lot else to say. I don't have much success with checking stator and coil resistance, if they short to earth or are open circuit, they are bad, but little can be deduced by the amount of resistance. If the wiring is not perfect you could have problems, particularly with the kill switch set up so try to get a wiring diagram and check that power, earths etc, are "right" at the CDI plug. You did change the spark plug first didn't you?