Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Atv 70cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atv 70cc

Hi LynnEdwards
I am working on a 70cc ATV, most likely Chinese fitted with an alarm system and remote stating function.
The problem was I could not get the engine to start up. I unplug the center (black/white) wire on the CDI, consequently it started up, but it would not turn off either by the handle bar kill switch or ignition. (I found this out by reading the ATV Connection web page...)
Out of desperation I disconnect the lanyard cut-off switch and alarm system….this result in the engine starting up & engine could be shut-off, only with the handle bar kill switch.
What would you recommend?
a. Re-connect the alarm system and start the engine up (remote or push-bottom), with the CDI center wire disconnected (what procedure should I then follows in order to shut the engine off by means of the ignition switch).
b. Discard the alarm system and lose the security function but be able to start up & shut off function via the handle bar kill switch.
c. If the alarm system is connected, will there be a steady drain of the battery over time.
Kind Regards
Ed

Old 03-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take off alarm system is your better option it wont effect battery at all