Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is this doohicky a vital part?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this doohicky a vital part?

I have been working on my kids (ages 4 & 7) chinese quads. Mod's= Knobby tires, pz20 carbs, Large air filters, 2" wheel spacers all around, cut steering limiter to increase turn radius, 12t front sprockets, fuel shut off valves-lines n' filters, removed plastic wheel wells (I could tell my kids had a hard time stepping on the rear break with boots on) and removed skid plate and chain guard on rear swing arm for better clearance (I know risky) and accessibility. Next I'm Going to see about stiffer clutch spring and a better exhaust. That bring me to my question... the stock exhaust has a Doohicky about 14 inches from the cylinder- I think its for emissions, a metal thingy with a hose on it to nowhere. Is it really necessary? If I put my finger over the end while it's running nothing happens. By the way these are Tao Tao ata 110b quads and yes I have gone over the whole thing with a torque wrench and lock-tite.

Alos their not terribly hard to get titled- registered and green stickerd'... I had them with and spent 4 hours and 200 bucks at the DMV--- DONE

Has anybody else done other modifications on these atv's- I'm really looking to increase the off idle torque for my daughter- she loves tracks and hill climbs... The boy speed and donuts................Thanx all
VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTtttttttttt.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

rear brake is not hand controlled on those things? if i remember correctly the foot brake is adjustable to bring it up higher. Personally i would have left the wheel wells in their. its pretty easy for their foot to slip and run it over breaking the ankle.. Sounds like your trying to turn this into a wheelie machine