Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton 90 Dxl starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton 90 Dxl starting issue

Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. Looking for some good answers so I can get my sons Eton 90dxl Sierra ready by Christmas.

Bought used off a guy I work with. His boy rode it and it did fine. When I purchased it didn't start. It had been sitting for a few months. I replaced stator, new plug, new battery. It started up and ran fine. I decided to take carb off to clean it all up due to it sitting a while. Got everything back on and I can't get it to run. It will turn over and idle for about 3-5 seconds and die out. I have messed with a few things but I'm at my end. I just want my boy to have a decent quad for Christmas.

Any ideas? Compression seems good. Just won't hold idle.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Mcobb1
Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. Looking for some good answers so I can get my sons Eton 90dxl Sierra ready by Christmas.

Bought used off a guy I work with. His boy rode it and it did fine. When I purchased it didn't start. It had been sitting for a few months. I replaced stator, new plug, new battery. It started up and ran fine. I decided to take carb off to clean it all up due to it sitting a while. Got everything back on and I can't get it to run. It will turn over and idle for about 3-5 seconds and die out. I have messed with a few things but I'm at my end. I just want my boy to have a decent quad for Christmas.

Any ideas? Compression seems good. Just won't hold idle.
So the problem was the airbox when I took it off and plug the intake with a piece of wood it ran fine is this just an air box issue do I need a new one or can I silicone around the existing

Old 12-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok ..

Old 12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Ok ..
Sorry I'm new to this. Is it just pulling air thru leaks in the intake box or s dirty filter. Could I silicone a gasket around the box or do I buy new?

Old 12-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If you can silicone a crack on the box do it. May be hard to find some parts if it's an older machine. Plus always clean and oil the foam filter. You might look here for oem parts though if you wish to do it right and if they still have your parts. Alpha Sports OEM Parts Catalog - E-Ton Parts Diagrams

Old 12-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you can silicone a crack on the box do it. May be hard to find some parts if it's an older machine. Plus always clean and oil the foam filter. You might look here for oem parts though if you wish to do it right and if they still have your parts. Alpha Sports OEM Parts Catalog - E-Ton Parts Diagrams

the gasket on the box is broke so I didn't know if I could just silicone around the box where the front and back meet.

Can I clean the filter with soap and water?

Old 12-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Soap and water is fine in most cases. They do have foam air filter spray cleaners,but not necessary on the small filters. Again you can try to seal the box/gasket,if it doesn't work,look for parts needed.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Soap and water is fine in most cases. They do have foam air filter spray cleaners,but not necessary on the small filters. Again you can try to seal the box/gasket,if it doesn't work,look for parts needed.

Okay thanks. I've had pretty good luck with parts on eBay and get2itparts. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there anything else that could cause it to only start with air box off and intake restricted? Or should I be good with cleaning filter and sealing box. Reed valve or anything cause this?

Old 12-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Again if it was running fine before you tore into the carb,you may have done the damage to the gasket/air box taking it apart.. Just try to repair the gasket/box and see how it does. If it doesn't help then retrace you're steps on the carb. You can check reeds when the carb is removed. Just take one step at a time until you find the problem.

Quick Reply: Eton 90 Dxl starting issue