Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Polaris Outlaw 90 manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Outlaw 90 manual

I'm looking for a service manual for this machine. The kick starter goes down and doesn't pop up on it's own. I'm hoping a service manual will help me fix this issue due to a race coming up this weekend.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Usually this is caused by belt dust and dirt. I've had to clean plenty of them. You leave the kick starter attached,pull the cover.Use an air nozzle first to blow out the dust,brake cleaner afterwards to remove the hardened residue. Deep Creep,PB Blaster or wd40 to loosen things up. You can also use a light coat of grease. Main thing is "Don't" go too far down on the kick starter or the yoke spring can jump out of its slot. If you still want a manual you can get one here for your model for 5 bucks that shows more in detail on the kick starter.Polaris ATV Service Manuals PDF Download

Old 11-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you for the information. Is there a gasket or sealant that needs to be used when putting the cover back on?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Does have a gasket that you can usually save. I always used a little Threebond 1104/1194 or similar type sealant.

Attached Thumbnails Polaris Outlaw 90 manual-07otlw90.gif  
Old 11-23-2016, 02:58 AM
Trailblazer

Got my service manual from eBay.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Usually this is caused by belt dust and dirt. I've had to clean plenty of them. You leave the kick starter attached,pull the cover.Use an air nozzle first to blow out the dust,brake cleaner afterwards to remove the hardened residue. Deep Creep,PB Blaster or wd40 to loosen things up. You can also use a light coat of grease. Main thing is "Don't" go too far down on the kick starter or the yoke spring can jump out of its slot. If you still want a manual you can get one here for your model for 5 bucks that shows more in detail on the kick starter.Polaris ATV Service Manuals PDF Download
Thank you so much for this information. I was able to remove the cover over the weekend. There was a ton of dirt/dust in there. I cleaned it all out and spray some lithium grease on the spring after. Works like a charm now. Thank you again.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Now you know what to do if it ever happens again..