Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

110 Efi 2016 sportsman power loss

Old 01-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 Efi 2016 sportsman power loss

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2016 110EFI sportsman for my sons Xmas present. I left the rev limiter in place during the breaking time and also to ensure I was confident in my sons handling and skill level before I removed it. I had its first service done at the dealer where I purchased it. Since then I removed the rev limiter with the threat of putting it back in if I were to see any wreckless riding. That being said, we go out for about 2-5 hours at a time. Now and then after about 2 -3 hours of solid riding it will at wide open throttle start to bog down and sounds as if the limiter were back in place. The speed loss went down to 16 mph. It's got about 25 hours on it now. I use non ethanol 89 octane fuel. We ride enough that it never gets stale. What's happening that is causing the power loss? At one point the fuel pump was a bit loud but it did quiet back down. Any help would be great

Old 01-17-2017, 09:34 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If in warranty take it back to the dealer. Don't mess with it. May be a simple fix or could be an electrical problem.