Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Coolster intruder 2.75 xr8 suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster intruder 2.75 xr8 suspension ?

I have some ? About shocks and tires for this little machine. Reason for these questions is I have a really bad vibration when my son rides the machine I can't hardly drive if done the road and touch the foot rest areas because of how much the thing vibrates.

And yes I realize not the best quality but I did pay 1200 for it and it does start every time. After I installed a water repellent equipment on the air filter and installed a fitler for the fuel. Haven't really had any problem except for ride quiality and the battery falling out which is solved now too.

Main thing i am trying to figure is what shocks to get or springs for the suspension so it performs kinda as well as the Eton 90 we have or close. Plus I want to solve the vibration issue which I think is coming from the hard tires and terrible suspension setup. It is a 2015 intruder 2.75 xr8 with the 19x7x8 tires 125. If anyone has specs or websites for upgraded parts, mods. Thanks

Old 02-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

what pressure you running the tires? I don't run them at recommended settings i think they are down around 5lbs where factory spec in the book was 10 or so. You will also get vibration if the chain tension is to tight. I have found the import sprockets are not perfectly centered so you will have a tight spot. I always adjust the chain on the tight spot

Old 02-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am running about the same for the tires very low pressure. I did notice about the sprockets so I am searching for a sprocket set up I seen on a YouTube video I think they dropped down to 12 on the front and like 40 on the rear. That's one of the reasons I was looking at changing tires out for some softer rubber and I am in the search still for the shocks I don't think the atv is a bad design cheap plastic. As far as the motor I like it because they are easy to rebuild not to bad of a price for replacement. And it fits my son and his friends. So kinda sounds like these issue between the atv are pretty common thinking if I can smooth out most of the kinks this atv will work out nicly until I can move him up to a bigger atv.
Well if you notice and more issue that you are having or ideas I am all ears for sure

Old 03-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I think I figured it out for shocks for this little machine I ordered these shocks of eBay RFY brand new air shock absorber fit most 50cc 70cc 90cc 110 125cc 150cc Dirt Bike Mini Bike Gokart Moped Quad and ATV.
315mm (12 3/8") total length
280mm (11") eye to eye length
Eye Diameter: Around 10.00mm or 12mm
Eye thickness : 21.00mm
Spring thickness: About 6.8mm
Spring Width: 55mm (2.25")
Spring Weight: 80kg
Pressure can be adjusted by springs or air (nitrogen)
[ I will post more after my son takes it out for a spin. I took it for a spin and I could feel the difference and when I push down on the rear of the atv it moves easily I am going to change the front shocks out too