KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

ktm or canondale

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these machines are bullet proof and anyone that rides one, wants one

no quads have better ergos and handling, the power is insane stock and even more rediculous modded

it's obvious you've never ridden one

Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by XtremeSkier

no quads have better ergos and handling, the power is insane stock and even more rediculous modded

I've never ridden one either, but I have heard the same.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally Posted by XtremeSkier

was that directed at me? because i actually own one. i agree that the handling and the power is all there, but the quality of the bike is comparable to that of a Chinese quad.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by YFZ660R
was that directed at me? because i actually own one. i agree that the handling and the power is all there, but the quality of the bike is comparable to that of a Chinese quad.
Are you serious???? I was about to jump on the KTM quad bandwagon and make that my dream bike. What experiences do you have with the KTM compared to a jap quad that gives you this opinion of the KTM quad? I am interested to know for my info..

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider

comparable to a chinese quad? thats a bunch of crap

if i was on a yamaha it would of busted in half by now after what my ktm's been through, i've ridden the **** out of mine for the last summer and nothing else would of held up nearly as well

all i've had to fix this summer was one ball joint, and a throttle housing(because i crashed it going 60) and yes all that broke was the throttle

Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally Posted by xbimmers
Are you serious???? I was about to jump on the KTM quad bandwagon and make that my dream bike. What experiences do you have with the KTM compared to a jap quad that gives you this opinion of the KTM quad? I am interested to know for my info..

Thanks.
sorry i'm a bit late, hopefully you haven't purchased from ktm. but anyway, here's my story.

first two weeks of ownership which was about 4 hours of riding, I noticed my swing arm and axle were loose, so they replaced my chain, the rear sprocket and tightened all the other ****. After I got it back, I was already upset because a brand new bike shouldn't have problems like the ones I had. After maybe another 5 hours of riding, a slipping sound starting coming from my clutch case. By that point I was pissed, and I became even more infuriated when they tried blaming it on me for not knowing how to drive the bike. I race professionally and have been driving dirtbikes/atv's since the mid 90's. KTM refused to do anything about it, and lets not even get started with the dealership, their personnel specially their mechanics are useless. Other little stuff like broken heel guards also throws more gas into the fire. One thing to consider is during that span of time, the bike didn't see the track, or any form of racing. I cruised on it in other words. So that's my story.

i've owned many bikes in the past. and even the YFZ held up stronger than this crap.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just meant I didn't wanna search the net for a picture. The magazine issue in front of me has a picture of one. If anyone wants to see it they know where to start looking. If I had a scanner I would post it.

-------------------------------------------------
Auto Parts
Car Parts