KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Why oh why?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duster
I don't disagree with you about much really... but here are the 2 things I do disagree with...

Lot's of KFX700's are at woods racing events.
KFX700's have taken the overall in morning GNCC events... over 450's and all.

A KFX700 will f'N smoooke a piped 450 in a drag... SORRY.

So will a 700R, 800R, and probably my Polaris 400 too...
Well, I am glad we mostly agree. I don't have much use for drag racing myself, but you always need to clear the air for bragging rights ya know. I have beaten 2 different stock KFX700s with my wimpy little only piped 440 Yamaha. One guy so handily 2x he wouldn't even give it a 3rd go. The 700 Raptors are trickier. Then again I have converted 3 guys from Raptor 700s to 450 class machines. They always get off mine muttering something about cornering and jumping prowess? I have not yet met someone that went the other way. I think I did 1, maybe 2 laps around a PLAY mx track with a buddies 700 Kawie. gave it right back and have no need to ever ride another. I can't even begin to imagine being pounded for 2 hours by one at a GNCC. My hat is off to those guys that do it, and the 1 GNCC I ran in the am classes, I got right the heck out the way when I heard the Can Am machines on my tail. I must say though, you don't see the KFX getting many overalls. When they did get some several years ago, it was always in the am classes, no one runs them in the afternoon. Heck, even the big Outlanders aren't getting overall am wins now.

himsa, I'm sure you run i some deep mud. I have helped a few 700s get unstuck in my time. They are heavy pigs dude, sorry. I can get my 450 out by myself almost all of the time. Quite a few of those same situations and I would have needed another rider or even a tow out if I was on a KFX

Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I don't want to deal with that weight when riding real aggressive.

My Polaris 400 is 475 lbs... and that is about all I can stand.
It's more than I'd prefer without question.

This is the aspect I like about my KFX450R.
Fully loaded it weighs less than my 400EX, and feels like it weighs a LOT less.
And the handling is sooo good.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

. I think they are to spendy for many recreational riders with all the quality Japanese 450s out there. They are sweet machines, but I don't think KTM is going for sales records, more like racing records.

-------------------------------------------------
Electronic Cigarette
E Cigarette

Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 PM

they are pretty ugly, and rare around here, and expensive as i've learned.
I've never even seen one, except in a picture of couse

Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Ive seen one in person out in PA,its probably too much dosh as many sport quad riders dont mx theres I dont.I like the kfx 450 too,while I was down w Aunt house in sc this past week .I looked at one 8 grand plus,I said to cousin by me on craigslist you can find a year or 2 old one for 3500-4500 almost brand new.If thats the case theres no point in buying new let some one else take the icing off the cake and get a deal.Does Ktm even make quads anymore?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 AM

I drove past the KTM dealership in lexington ky i think it was.... I saw a beauty setting out there....... Definatly made me fall in love... I want one SOO bad now... Definitly going to be my (hopefully) next quad... If i can come up with some money to save..