KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannon owners: What would you buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannon owners: What would you buy next?

I've been thinking hard on this one. I've ridden the Z and Raptor and they are both great all around quads. I don't care for the looks and weight of the predator.
The problem is that i've had a year+ of rippin on the ultimate factory race machine and it makes me sick to think of going back to a steel framed/carbed dinosaur. I'm no racer either, just a real fast pit and trail rider with a love for vertical hills. The aluminum framed EFI, low center of gravity, cannon is just so different! (better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) It takes some getting used to, which is why they didn't get better reviews from the mags, IMO. If a rider can spend 10 hours on these lightning sharp machines i'm afraid he is spoiled forever!

If we don't get some good news in the next month I will be buying one or 2 Cannon's to ensure that I won't have to go back. If we do get good news...Well, yea baby, THE NEXT GEN CANNON WILL BE MY RIDE!
Anybody wanting to sell now for 3k, let me know.

ya know, If Honda had built this bike, Suzuki wouldn't be able to give those Z's away and 400ex's would be considered begginer quads.
sunovabeetch!

OH, CANNON OWNERS ONLY! PLEASE.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Wow Ryan! I was JUST thinking about this last night layin in bed! lol

I don't really know. If things do go sour, I was thinking of a Raptor with some suspension work and a slip-on pipe. I'm not impressed at all with the Z400's and I've owned a 400ex. The last Piped Raptor I rode did impress me. I liked how I didn't have to shift all the time to stay in the power.(like the Cannons) I was always shifting on my 400ex to stay in the power. And that was with alot of engine work done. I know my next quad will be like my Cannon though, I don't see me doing any major Motor work. I was alittle concerned about the 400ex staying together over time. It's still together today, but it just always worried me.

I know one things for sure, a Predator, KXF and the Z400 are NOT in the picture....One's too heavy, the others are too lame....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

I hear ya JCV! My buddies raptor is a fine machine. However, i don't think i could buy another yamaha simply because of the way Yamaha has continually left there owners up shatcreek with design flaws. Plus, every raptor i've ever ridden with spends a lot of time on it's back! Rider or quad, i don't know but those guys sure do wreck alot!

Old 01-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like one of those Pegasus Prancers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

We retired the EX440 last spring. Aren's is making a new EX frame that is CRF friendly. I have one ordered. Houser is going to let us know if the new WR-450 will fit in the YZF426 frame as soon as he gets one. Soooo - we run the Dale till there are no parts. Kinda like the "R". We are always going to be trying to keep up with the latest stuff that the pro's are running. We plan on running half the MX Nationals this year with the Houser and the Dale. The EX will be for me to play on, ohh, my son is the racer. We will see what happens.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

This kinda sux, cause i don't know what to do. I have a loan on my quad, for 4 more years. What are you guys that have loans out for these going to do?

Old 01-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone hang tight.

I've heard from a good reliable source that CDale still has their booth reserved at Indy. What this means I do not know. But this source has also heard that there are many interested parties in the Motorsports division, many different companies bidding as we speak. His source has also told that the motorsports division WILL NOT BE DEAD. I REPEAT----NOT DEAD. This could all be speculation but I'm hoping for the best.

Nobody but Pegasus and the bidding companies know anything at this point, so I would suggest that everyone sit tight and enjoy your rides. If anyone hears anything I'm sure we'll all hear about it.

Keep your chins up, throttle roosted and keep passing everything you see.

Old 01-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

I can't imagine owning anything other than a cannondale but if nobody keeps building them I would have to look at the new gas gas 450 4-stroke that will soon be available. If they do in fact stop production completly and nobody keeps building them I will probably try to pick up another c-dale before they are all gone.

Old 01-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's a tough one. I'v been waiting to buy a Dale since they came out, finally did (last week), and now I don't know where it's going.

We'll I'm holding on. It's a great ride.

I guess if I had to pick something else it would be a Z400 with a few grand in mods [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 06:36 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

If I had to pick something else it would be another Cannondale. If not that, it would be a custom Walsh frame with some kind of bike motor in it because the other options I would have (400ex, Suzuki, Kawi, etc.) arent up to par with my Cannondale without a lot of motor work.

Quick Reply: Cannon owners: What would you buy next?