Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

why not street legal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen some carts that look like street rods etc. Crazy money being spent on them. But I guess if you have it, you can flaunt it.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I support the idea of having ATVs on the side streets. I get that some people will abuse the idea and do stupid things, but don't they already do that in cars? Are cars not bigger and more dangerous? Lets face it, people are going to be stupid no matter how much you try to "regulate" the stupid out of them, but everyone should not be punished because of a few.
The main reason I support ATVs on the streets is because it would allow connections between trails. In our area, we have trails that are short and it would be better if you could legally ride on the roads to connect the trails and make more distance. If you think it wont work, look at the Hatfield McCoy area. They ride on the roads all the time. Are there stupid people? You bet, but the law does its job and gets those idiots off the street. Pretty soon people get the message and start acting right.
I think the biggest reason ATVs are not allowed on the side streets now is because of the lack of push. Plenty of people ride them on the roads already, but I want to be able to do it legally and not have to worry about breaking the law. I used to be a rebel and said, "I'm gonna do whatever I want and the law isn't going to stop me". With age comes wisdom and responsibility. Today, I'd rather be legal in what I do for two main reasons.
1.) I don't want to make the sport look bad, and 2.) I don't want to pay any fines.