Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Faribault, MN Teen Killed in ATV Crash - KSTP "ATV Crackdown" Story from 10pm News

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faribault, MN Teen Killed in ATV Crash - KSTP "ATV Crackdown" Story from 10pm News

I know you're not supposed to ride on the road.
I know you're not supposed to ride double.
I know you're not supposed to ride a quad too big for you.
I know you're supposed to wear a helmet.

BUT I DON'T CARE!!

I do think it was sad what happened to that kid tho.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default Faribault, MN Teen Killed in ATV Crash - KSTP "ATV Crackdown" Story from 10pm News

One more example for not letting Stupid people reproduce... I hope you make it past puberty.. maybe then, you will someday wise up...

You do not impress us with your attitude.... we have all been there, done that.... What do you have to show me today that is original...

Old 07-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My condolences to the family. You have mirrored my thoughts Dragginnbutt....keep up the good work, it's appreciated.
Gary

Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Range Rover

Dragginbutt- Look i wasn't tryin to start anything w/ you. That was not my intention. i had a lot to say last post but i decided not 2 b/c i didn't feel like typing alot. First off everyone on here has their own opinion so i have a right to mine. I've been riding since i was 9. i started on a suzuki 160 and rode a 250r sometimes when i was 10. i got my wolverine when i was 13. So thats 3 times i rode a quad too big for me.

As far as the helmet. I do wear a helmet when i ride a sport bike, or when i want to ride around a track. But i don't wear a helmet just riding slow on a utility quad. the only time i have ever had any wrecks i have had helmets on b/c thats the only time i push that hard.

I think that riding an atv on the road is no more dangerous than riding a street bike if u know how to take corners. Yeah it is dangerous tho. It is illegal but that is my choice, but i try to avoid the roads ever since i turned 17 b/c that is an adult here.

Riding double is a lot trickier, but if u know what ur doin it is not that dangerous. For me it is safer for me to ride w/ my g/f on the back w/ me than to let her ride her own. It may be more dangerous than just me by my self but i feel better knowin that she is safer than she would be ridin by herself. And those atv's built for 2 are ugly and pointless for me b/c i ride alone most of the time.

I don't think u can blame the kid gettin killed on the fact that he was on the road.

And Dragginbutt, you talk bout me needed to get out of puberty and wise up, and i admit u are older than me, but that comment about stupid people reproducing was kinda immature.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

No young man, I am not buying your BS on this one... Under no circumstances can you defend your remarks... they were made specifically to upset someone and draw them into a P-ing contest. You are not only putting yourself, your girlfriend, and others that use the roads etc at risk, you are giving every RESPONSIBLE ATV enthusiast a black eye with your antics.

NO, it isn't YOUR choice. The majority of enthusiasts would agree with me that we can exist as a sport without you, and would just as soon like to see you pick a different sandbox to play in. Your antics are ILLEGAL and we all hope you are caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I don't like the fact that you find it fun and exiting to put law enforcement in a dangerous position having to chase law breakers like yourself down when they have more than enough other crimes to solve. Maybe that kid that gets snatched from a bedroom could be found before they get buried alive... but no, the police were having to put resources on trying to chase down some punk on an ATV who made his OWN choice.

You talk about childish responses... well kiddo.. it seems by your attitude that speaking in kiddie English is about all you can relate to.

Why is it that people your age can always find time to write a nasty or stupid response like the one above, but when enthusiasts who are asking for support in fighting against the forces that are trying to shut our sport down, ask you to send a note to your representatives, local authorities etc... You can't ever find the time? The difference between being an adult and a PUNK is quite obvious here.... GO AWAY.. we don't have time for your childish antics...

This thread was started to discuss the sad issue of someone like yourself making an unwise decision and it costing him his life. This scenario is played out every day. Some like myself are very outspoken when it comes to acting responsibly, making good decisions, and getting proper training. IF you had had this training when you were first starting out and had safety drilled into you from day 1, I would think your response would be a lot different than it is now... Unfortunately, your words have made you a poster boy of bad examples... Now how does it feel to be ridiculed in public.. and for everyone to see you for what you really are... a punk who's parents should have taken a little more interest in teaching you respect for the law, and learning the difference between right and wrong. You want to talk spank... I think quite a few on this list would relish the opportunity to ridicule you some more.. but we all have JOBS to attend to.

Why we adults even give a rat's butt about preserving the sport just for punks and hooligans like yourself is beyond me... It certainly isn't being appreciated that is for sure.

*NOTE* I APPOLOGISE TO ALL YOUNG PEOPLE THAT ACT RESPONSIBLY THAT DO NOT FIT THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION, THIS IS NOT AIMED AT YOU, NOR AM I PUTTING ALL YOUNG ADULTS INTO ONE CATEGORY.

DB