Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Montana, Idaho, Eastern Washington Riders- Important Hearing Shedules

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montana, Idaho Eastern Washington Riders- Important Hearing Shedules

As you can see the first hearing is TONIGHT . I urge anyone who can to attend to help out our fellow motor recreationalists!!!

Topic Title: Now this is the party we HAVE attend!! EVERYONE IS INVITED!!

Ragged Racer

Fri July 01, 2005 9:20 PM

Sorry guys and gals there wont be any beer but we need all the outspoken sleds heads we can get at these meetings!!

Lets try our bestto keep this at the top for the next week or so!!
this is a copy of another post.........

DONT FORGET GUYS!! WA. MT. AND ID. RIDERS ALL NEED TO BE THERE !!

Senator Larry Craig and Under Secretary of Agriculture Mark Rey, (King of the Forest Service) are going to be in Idaho holding 'listening sessions' on how the public wants to use the public lands.

This is our chance to let them know we don't want Wilderness! The press will be at every session. We need huge numbers of folks to come to testify or to just be there and be counted. Signs would also be nice. You can bet the greens will be there in huge numbers! Let's get organized and get the job done. Turn our folks out and make a statement!

The structure of the meetings is: one hour for a round table discussion with representatives from various interest groups and one hour for public testimony. Everyone obviously won't get to testify but we can still make a statement. For example, the first one of our folks to testify asks everyone in the audience who opposes the Boulder White Cloud Wilderness Bill and/or the OI to stand: Statement made if we have lots of folks in the audience. If not, we look silly.

The meetings are:

July 5th, Idaho Falls, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Teton-Yellowstone Room, Red Lion Hotel

July 6th, Boise, BSU Jordan Ballroom, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

July 7th, Coeur d'Alene, North Idaho College, SUB, Lake Coeur d'Alene Room, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m

I say we have a contest and see which part of the state can turnout the most folks and get the most press! There will of course be a nice prize.

In order to get the job done right, it would certainly help if we had a coordinator in each part of state to chair these events. Anyone interested in helping out? Please let me know. I will give you all the help I can from here.

This is an unexpected opportunity--we need to take advantage of it. Please help out if you can!

Ragged

-------------------------

03 Vertical Escape Full Struthers porting, V Force reeds, SLP air box, Pipe and Can, Walls Anti ratchets, Fly 8" riser and bars, Gold finger lefty, Mountain fit hood, Titanium springs..

KREM N ID. Forcast

"If you aint wreckin you aint racin!"

DAWG DOO

Tue July 05, 2005 10:20 AM

I know we don't reply to this kind of thread very often so it's hard to judge the reaction to them...................but hopefully everyone who is near to these meetings turns out...................PLEASE DOO. Thanks!

-------------------------
PROUD uncle of a Devil DaWg!
(2nd tour in Iraq)
GO DAWGS !!
B.R.C. member
S.A.W.S. member

Old 07-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montana, Idaho, Eastern Washington Riders- Important Hearing Shedules

Word has it that the Coeur d' Alene meeting isat 6PM, Not 7PM better early than late. Thanks