Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't allow any body with me to throw garbage either ,My Ex wife used to ask me why am I cleaning up some body elses mess ,and I'd say who else is going to clean up ,and I wannt my ride area to stay open

Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Restarting the tread.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hate seeing trash out on the trails, people dumping in the wood makes me very mad. I live at the head of the trail and it is a remote area for ma. So I always wined up cleaning up the trails with the one ton or the loader. I usually get about 10 huge one ton loads per year. The last time I had the loader in the woods I was going to haul out a engine someone dumped and I was lucky enough to come across a man dumping some old stoves and other scrap metal. I told him to clean it up and he had some choice words for me. After trying to be nice he tried get in my face so I ramed the back of his new truck with the loader 2 times, and told him if I ever saw him again his truck would be left unharmed but he might not be and he should probably call the cops. Nothing ever became of our litle misshap and I never saw him again. Sometimes you just need to pursuasive.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I wish I had the b---- to do something like that! Thanks for standing up for the sport!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

We'll were all on the same page with this topic,nice for a change. We were coming home from a ride the other day and caught 2 guys dumping some construction junk out in the middle of the trail no less.The idiots were in a company truck with the magnetic sign on the sides.They seen us and tried to take off down the dirt road.They didn't think we could catch them,LOL trying to out run a 800 can-am on a dirt road. We told them to get back there and clean it up.We'll alot of cussing and they drove off.Wasn't hard totell the police who they were.Cops followed them back to the area. They had to clean up there mes and alot more then they had dumped.It was awesome sitting there drinking beer and watching them pick up trash. Also another thing i never take beer bottles only cans.Accidents happen and glass breaks.Cans can be crunched up so doesn't take as much space to bring back.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dodge57hemi no thanks required. I live WAY out in the middle of the woods, the trails are my "neighborhood". So when people try to destroy my "neighborhood" I get mad. I am always polite and civil with people who are dumping or growing pot or whatever illegeal they are doing. But when they get rude with me or do not clean up there mess I get a mean streak, and raming a truck is one of my more reasonable responses. I am lucky enough to have hundreds of acres of trails at the end of my driveway and Iam not going to let a select few ruin the privlage of using that private property for all of us. Just so everyone knows Iam friends with the land owners and I bring my equipment on there property to clean it up with there blessing. Rember if you turn a blind eye, or say its not my problem. It will be your problem when the trails get closed.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

As a cop up here in New Hampshire, I have done a fair share of ATV patrol in the local State Park and surrounding areas. I have found numerous bags of trash ripped open by coyotes and such. In many of these bags I have been able to find a discarded bill with someones name on it. There is no better feeling then writting the warrant for the idiots arrest for unlawful activities. As an avid rider my self I hate having to explain to my 9 year old son while trailside, that it only takes a few inconsiderate AzzWholes to ruin a goodthing for everyone. To all of the decent people out there who actually clean up others people trash....Thank you! And to all of you idiots, gonna get ya!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

There's a bunch of trails near my house, and when I went out there a few days back we also had a pile of tires burned and a stolen SUV burnt to the ground. It ticks me off to see ******** mess up places with their bullcrap. Now, I'm sort of scared to go there anymore.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I would personally just like to say thanks to all who help keep the sport that I love and I assume you do still going and CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!! ; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

90% of the riding we do is on our land so littering doesnt happen there, but I do ride the gravel roads alot out near my house and ALWAYS tons of beer cans on the roads from "road trippers". Well my wife had back surgery last year and they gave her this handy lil pole with a grabber and a trigger on it. I keep that in my rack bag along with some trash bags. Makes it pretty easy to just ride along and pick up trash put in a bag and move on with out getting off my bike. Cleaned up about 6 miles of gravel road just the other day with it.

Quick Reply: ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!