Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Chadwick Riding!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chadwick Riding!

Soon the new trails they have been working on will be ready. I can't wait. I'm not sure what I think of the interlocking concrete blocks they are using to pave some of the trails.

That area is closed while they work on it but there is still 80+ miles I can ride until then. I've been temped to walk down there and take a look at the new parts but I can't walk that many miles without stopping to rest several times.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JohnL751
Soon the new trails they have been working on will be ready. I can't wait. I'm not sure what I think of the interlocking concrete blocks they are using to pave some of the trails.

That area is closed while they work on it but there is still 80+ miles I can ride until then. I've been temped to walk down there and take a look at the new parts but I can't walk that many miles without stopping to rest several times.

John....Sounds good. Yeah, the block doesn't sound particularly fun to rip it up on. They must put it on high erosion areas only.

Can you give us some details on where you're talking about? What / Where is Chadwick riding?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Chadwick

It's politics about the blocks. The EPA is the one that I know is in on it. I didn't over here much of the conversation ( of course I wasn't trying to here ) , just something about a 4ft metal tube in one place because the trail was too steep.

Chadwick is south south east of Springfield Missouri about 25 miles. The trails are actually a couple miles from the town of Chadwick. There are a lot of ridge top and valley trails that are not steep at all. They wind through the trees and follow the lay of the land. To get from the valleys to the ridge tops will give any climber something to do. Some of the trails are pretty rocky, just right for
4-wheelers. The only people complaining about these trails, are complaining about no fast trails. The one multi use road on Cobb Ridge is the only place where you could open it up but the speed limit is still 30 MPH.

I ride a Honda Rincon 650. It will go anywhere but I'm kinda chicken. There are several places that I won't go. I'm not a bit too proud to just turn around and go back. There is one mud bog that I doubt any crosses through the middle but I see people on the outsides. There are alot of mud holes down in the bottoms but I try to avoid mud. I just like to trail ride.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi john, just wanted to say your not alone. Pretty much all i like to do is slow trail riding too, a little mud is ok and fun sometimes but I dont attempt anything i think I might get stuck in. But then thats not much of a problem for me. Its hard to find mud in the desert!

Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone ride Chadwick recently?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hi Tree DR. It's a 7 year old post. Not sure if you'll get an answer from the original poster or not. If you haven't already done it, post in the Where To Ride section to find any riders in your area.