OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95wolv
Yeah, and I'm sure there are tons of pictures showing Bush picking his nose,Reagan asleep at his desk, etc. Just depends on who puts up the pictures. You can make anyone look bad with the right picture, not raggin' on you guys, but, come on, give the newbie a chance, W had 8 years of one of the worst runs a president ever had, maybe haulin logs is the only job he can get now !!! In my opinion, the only reason he got re-elected was that Kerry was an even bigger butt hole than he was. Besides, it takes a REAL man to not be ashamed to help around the house !!!

The media was always happy to show photos of Nixon tripping or Bush with a strange look on his face.

As far as the new guy, I think he has already been given every possible chance. Remember the uproar whe Bush fired his own lawyers? Yet 0bama fired the same guys Bush hired and now wants to destroy their careers - they have actually been threatened with disbarment!!!! And now 0bama can fire people working at companies? WTF is that all about? Whether anyone feels they should be fired or not - it's not the Presidents job to do the firing.

Bush was the worst? What about Carter? He couldn't even tie his own shoes. Clinton only wanted to get laid ans was the biggest embarressment this country ever had.

Now excuse me while I go vacuum the drapes...

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the EXIT sign above the curtain, Hum

Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I think Obama is the biggest lightweight that has ever been President. His claim to fame, other than a few months in the Senate before running) is Community Organizer.
G-Dub's claim to fame: A party boy, cocaine snorting, cry-baby rich punk in his pink Izod shirts on his private golf course, a drunk, given everything including the presidency from the religious right, and his entrance into Yale.

Obama: Fights his way up and earns a scholarship at Harvard and later becomes editor of the Harvard Law Review; graduates with high honors. Turns down big dollar New York jobs to assist those with less. Don't you self-righteous conservatives always talk about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps? I guess that only counts for other people.

Who's the lightweight?

"A few months in the Senate" -Try 96 months.

It's clear he doesn't understand the world we live in and the threats against our country.
He doesn't understand the world we live in?.....Humm. He's currently mending the foul taste our fine President Bush and gang sewed. You want enemies and zero cooperation from our allies? I forgot, they're just "old europe". You conservatives sure got a backwards view of the world.....They're all out to get us. Most have never stepped foot outside the US (not talking about the soldiers, so don't try that one). Overall, an extremely weak understanding of the world we currently live in and how it's interconnected. -Eight years later, a vast majority of Americans understand this, and have voted out conservatives and their failed ideas. Look where it left us as a nation....which Obama has to try and clean up.

Environmental secretary and department call CO2 a controlled pollutant. Are they going to stop up all the volcanoes that produce CO2 more than all of man's efforts. (And this is all for, so called, global warming, that is junk science at best)
"Junk science". All science is junk science to many of you folks. That is the scariest part.

They claim they want energy independence and close exploration??? That would be fine if all the other alternatives were up and running but they are not.
You're not understanding that energy independence needs to be forced forward. Your buddies like Dick Cheney and all the rest of them that have a lock on crude in this country would never let it happen otherwise. They've got too much invested. Kind of like the Wyoming drilling attempt. It's natural gas by the way, not oil. Shell Exploration is one of the major companies trying to operate this.....Hummm, what do you know, they're based out of GW's home town of Houston, TX. Also interesting is that Shell Oil is principly owned by the British Royal family. Wonder where those profits are headed.....

The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, a nonprofit coalition of hunting, fishing and other organizations, filed suit against the Interior Department and the Bureau of Land Management in U.S. District Court in Washington. The suit alleges the BLM, a division of the Interior Department, "failed unequivocally" to comply with its plans to monitor and mitigate the effects of gas and oil drilling on wildlife across the Anticline and violated the National Environmental Policy Act and Federal Land Policy and Management Act. -In June 2008. Before Obama was even elected.

Hey, you don't live, hunt or fish in Wyoming, you just talk about it from Mass. as a Liberal outrage, even though the Bush Administration was the one getting sued and starting the law suits against them with their complete incompetence before Obama was elected. They were entrusted to protect our lands, not destroy them for corporate profits. The concept of protecting our lands from corporations doesn't seem to compute with the average joe six-packs of this nation anymore. It's a shame they've gotten so suckered by the ultra-rich.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I tried to quote the last post but it didn't work, so I'm starting over.

I'll take a reformed drunk that has some private sector experience over a community organizer that teaches people how to take handouts rather than how to succeed.

As far as the religious right goes, I guess (and this is only a guess) that you wouldn't care for the majority of the Founding Fathers whose religious beliefs guided them in their political and social beliefs. There are hundreds of quotes that back this understanding of why they governed as they did.

On the lightweight comment I was speaking of the US Senate, not the corrupt Illinois Senate. I apologize for not making that clear.

When I said, "the world we live in....", I was speaking of terrorists and those who would like to harm us. The only thing terrorists understand is force. Talking to terrorists or dictators doesn't go too far. Our Secretary of State has already been rebuffed by dictators that they think we can talk to. I'm speaking of this kind of naive attitude. And, even though I was not talking about Europe I have been to Germany and Switzerland. I liked both but like the US better. And, the UK and Australians were by our side. It's not a bad thing that Hussein is gone. The US took 160 metric tons of yellow cake uranium out of Iraq and quietly sold it to Canada for their reactors. I don't recall the exact number, but it could be refined to make multiple nuclear tipped missiles.

I stand by the junk science statement. The Global Warming hype is based on 1 degree temperature increase over the last 100 years. The last 10 years have seen a 1/2 degree drop. Are we going into an ice age?????? A lot of anecdotel evidence is used in the arguments. For instance: the adherents of global warming often point to the Antarctic Ice Shelf as an example. What they don't tell you is that there has been shelf lost on the Eastern side of the shelf while the Western side has had a increase in ice that, at least, offsets the East's losses. Last year the Northwest Passage opened up more than expected. While this was happening the East Coast of Canada was trapped in massive ice sheets. The annual seal hunt was stopped and the hunters had to be rescued with ice breakers. They also base man's contribution to the CO2 as being 1/2 of 1 percent. How are we going to stop the other 99.5% of C02???

On the Wyoming front, you are correct that the contested leases are natural gas. My error. And, if the Interior Department didn't do the work they are required to do, then I have no trouble with starting the lease process in a proper fashion. Wyoming also is the southern end of the oil sands that Canada has not been shy about exploring. I just think we have a lot of natural resources that should, at least, be explored. I want to see more wind farms, hydro-electric plants, tidal hydro-electric plants, and solar energy farms. Until they are affordable, accessible, and practical to the average consumer we should also explore for what we do have available. And, I'd also like to see people like Kerry and Kennedy stop whining when they try to build a windfarm off the coast of Massachusetts where there is an almost constant source of wind. They've been fighting this since conception. They say we need alternative sources of power out of one side of their faces then fight it because they don't want it in their backyard. The best areas for the solar farms are also the worst areas because they need water for cooling purposes. I've read recently that Arizona is fighting a proposed solar farm for this reason.

As far as oil companies go, my understanding is that they make approximately 10-12 cents per gallon of fuel they sell. Their record profits are because they've produced and sold record amounts of fuel in recent years. (Increased demand in India and China is a large factor) I neither weep or rejoice about them. Oil is sold on a futures market that tries to predict the supply and demand in the future. We had the drastic drop in prices last fall because demand wasn't nearly as high as the speculators thought it would be. They actually dropped below 2004 prices. (Yea!) They are going up again on the same kind of speculation. Even if we opened new wells it could help to bring price down based purely on this kind of speculation even though it might not produce a drop for a few years. I want to see it all developed. Then we can truly say we are energy independent. The less money going into the Middle East the better in my mind...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

What they don't tell you is.......
Your talking about scientists, not politicians. They tell you the facts, backed by evidence and peer review, not their personal opinions. They don't make things up, regardless of what so may non-science based conservatives believe. So it's the mouth of Laura Ingraham vs. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, University of Colorado, Penn State, University of Illinois, countless International Universities and colleges. I'll take the scientists, thanks.

I believe this document is a reasonable view of the matter from your perspective:

Facts and Myths about Global Warming: A Conservative Perspective, John R. E. Bliese, Ph.D.; The Green Elephant; Summer 2001

And, I'd also like to see people like Kerry and Kennedy stop whining when they try to build a windfarm off the coast of Massachusetts where there is an almost constant source of wind. They've been fighting this since conception. They say we need alternative sources of power out of one side of their faces then fight it because they don't want it in their backyard.
Agree. We have a house on the Cape in East Falmouth, MA and would look right out on the massive mills (if they're built). I think it will be an awesome achievement, although it would be nice if they were not in our face. Somebody has to look at them though. Actually, a lot of people will look at them....they are massive and will be seen for miles on Martha's Vineyard and many towns on the Cape.

The best areas for the solar farms are also the worst areas because they need water for cooling purposes. I've read recently that Arizona is fighting a proposed solar farm for this reason.
Interesting Moose. Will have to research this. Would think glycol or gray water would be sufficient.

Even if we opened new wells it could help to bring price down based purely on this kind of speculation even though it might not produce a drop for a few years. I want to see it all developed. Then we can truly say we are energy independent. The less money going into the Middle East the better in my mind...
Except that this is a capitalist economy and cheap oil does nothing for true energy independence. The private sector is our way out (along with federal help). -This is exactly why OPEC starts pumping more oil whenever we halfheartedly threaten "alternatives"

They've got us by the *****, and when push comes to shove, for every oil well we drill and continue the addiction, the tighter they can squeeze some day. Why put ourselves at such risk. I would think this would be a matter that both the left, right and middle can all agree on. It's a matter of national, economic and environmental security for all Americans.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Wow..I'ts amazing all this discusion started over a picture. Srry FunRide I have to agree with Moose on these particular points being discussed. I think that things in this country are going down hill with no brakes. And we've only seen the tip of the ice burg as to the direction that Mr. Obama is taking us. (and no...I won't call him President) I didn't vote for him and don't like his views on the way this country should be run. Hope you don't dislike me for that.. It's just how I feel.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
Your talking about scientists, not politicians. They tell you the facts, backed by evidence and peer review, not their personal opinions. They don't make things up, regardless of what so may non-science based conservatives believe.

WRONG. The scientific debate over global warming is FAR from settled.

Here is a little history to start with:

1895 - imminent ice age
1920 - global warming
1975 - "A Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable."
1981 - back to global warming.
2008 - "climate change" That way you're covered either way: If the world gets colder, global warming is still at fault.

Here are some quotes:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.
“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.
“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.
“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.
“After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.
“For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.
“Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp…Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact.” - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.
“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.
“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense…The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.” - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.
“CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another….Every scientist knows this, but it doesn’t pay to say so…Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver’s seat and developing nations walking barefoot.” - Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.
“The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds.” - Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata. # #

Below is a very small sampling of very inconvenient developments for Gore, the United Nations, and their promoters in the mainstream media.

Peer-reviewed studies, analyses, and prominent scientists continue to speak out to refute climate fears.

New scientific analysis shows Sun “could account for as much as 69% of the increase in Earth's average temperature” (LINK) & (LINK)
Dr. Bruce West, A U.S Army Chief Scientist, Says Sun, Not Man, Is Driving Climate Change – June 3, 2008 – (LINK)
Oscillation Rules as the Pacific Cools – December 9, 2008

Report: Sea Level rise 'has stumbled since 2005' – Meteorologist Anthony Watts – December 5, 2008

Peer-Reviewed Study: Recent worldwide land warming' NOT 'a direct response to increasing greenhouse gases (GHGs) over land' - WorldClimateReport.com – December 3, 2008Rethinking Observed Warming

Global Cooling? - 'Thirty years of warmer temperatures go poof' - National Post – October 20, 2008

Report: NASA’s James Hansen "adjusts" a cooling trend into a warming trend

Alert: Under the Weather: Internal Report Says U.N. Climate Agency Rife With Bad Practices - Fox News – December 4, 2008

OOPS, We Forgot Siberia! (M4GW)

UN Data shows ‘Warming has Stopped!’ – Climate Fears Called ‘Hogwash’ – ‘Global Carbon Tax’ Urged - December 3, 2008

‘Planet Has Cooled Since Bush Took Office’ & Global Warming Theory has ‘failed consistently and dramatically’ – November 20, 2008

Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Would'nt that be a real kick in the pants...to find out that all these tree hugger laws and restrictions actually assist us into the next ice age. Earth has it's cycles of warming and cooling. There isnt anything we can do to change the ineviatable. Perhaps all of our co2 emissions have actually slowed the cooling slightly...but it wont last, so get your hand warmers and grip warmers in tip top shape, the ice age is comming .........eventually.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Would'nt that be a real kick in the pants...to find out that all these tree hugger laws and restrictions actually assist us into the next ice age. Earth has it's cycles of warming and cooling. There isnt anything we can do to change the ineviatable. Perhaps all of our co2 emissions have actually slowed the cooling slightly...but it wont last, so get your hand warmers and grip warmers in tip top shape, the ice age is comming .........eventually.
LOL I've noticed that over my short 46 years of life that they've changed the doomsday weather scenario 3 times.

Man, DeeDawg, your list of scientists is much more than I would have come up with.

I personally believe that it is the height of arrogance to think we can control what happens to the weather on a global scale. Does this mean I think we should make our air unbreathable or our water undrinkable or natural areas unenjoyable? No, not at all. At least, in this country, we produce far less pollution than we did in the late 1800s to early 1900s. If global warming was such a man made occurance shouldn't the massive amounts of pollution we produced caused the desertification of the world??? I'm not just listening to conservative talk show hosts. I read scientific journals when I have a chance. I've also seen plenty on the Internet to know it is not settled and there is a lot of good science to disprove global warming. My problem with the governments participation on this is that they don't even know what they are voting on. I saw a portion of the Cap and Trade debate. Representative Waxman was asked by another Representative about what is in the bill. (Understand that the rules of the House require the laws to be passed must be read aloud. The Democrats hired a speed reader to read it aloud.) Waxman couldn't say what was in the bill!!!!

This is how billions of your tax dollars will be spent. Blindly.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Earth has it's cycles of warming and cooling. There isnt anything we can do to change the ineviatable.

At one time Minnesota was covered in two miles of ice. At another time wild grapes grew above the arctic circle. There is evidence a tropical forest once grew in Illinois.

Quick Reply: They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three