OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
DeeDawg, your list of scientists is much more than I would have come up with.

I've done the research, and I have pages and pages of that kind of info; I just took what was on the top.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
There is evidence a tropical forest once grew in Illinois.
Yeah, and don't forget the rain forest in Alaska.

The guy with all the "facts"......Nobody said the debate was over. The evidence strongly points toward man-made global warming. The question is, do we want to take the chance on the future, or do what we can now to slow it down as long as possible.

You right-wingers are the ones who turn everything into us vs. them. There's no middle ground, or the possibility that you might be wrong. I'm glad you're so confident DeeDawg that it's all a made up scam by the left.

Your links mean nothing to me. You simply cite political based research from right wing activists. I've got twenty, for every link you list.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide

Your links mean nothing to me. You simply cite political based research from right wing activists. I've got twenty, for every link you list.
And you talk about typical right wing responses.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

......(Understand that the rules of the House require the laws to be passed must be read aloud. The Democrats hired a speed reader to read it aloud.)
Incorrect. It was read by a speed reader because the Republicans demanded that the entire bill be read out load; so that's what they gave them.....a speed reader. Bills are rarely read out loud. Bills are not often read in entirety either.

FOX News: Here's an example of little stuff "slipping in": Rep. Brian Baird, D-Wash: Baird's op-ed was in response to a particularly embarrassing episode, in which "someone" inserted a provision into the recently passed omnibus spending bill which would have allowed for the staffs of the Republican finance committee chairmen to examine any individual American's income tax returns....Nice job Republicans.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
And you talk about typical right wing responses.
One of his links was to the Senate Minority Press Office. Hummm, wonder if that will be biased.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I've done the research, and I have pages and pages of that kind of info; I just took what was on the top.
Step aside folks....THE global warming authority has weighed in.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

So a research facility that depends on government funding wouldn't give any kind of results that may keep itself on a payroll?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

And the leftist Democrats inserted gun control provisions in with environmental legislation too. I wish neither side did it. And I don't mind anybody that slows these bills down long enough so people can see what is in them. Too much is being rushed through that will cost the taxpayers money they don't have. I guess they didn't want anyone to see what is in this bill. Wouldn't want public scrutinee.

On the global warming front, if you reject all of the scientists that disagree with you as right-wingers you'd be wrong just as I would be wrong to think all scientists who ascribe to global warming are left-wingers. It's not the case. Interestingly enough, the main character on the global warming side is Al Gore. I find it interesting that, while he's willing to spout the "facts" as he see them, he is not willing to debate scientists who don't believe in it. Where's the intellectual honesty there.

Well, I'm done.

Laying all that aside, all I can see is offhand comments turning into personal attacks down the thread deviation road. (And I hope I haven't had anyone on the forum feeling like I am attacking them personally) (If so, it is not my intention and I apologize. I AM responsible for my thoughts, my words, and my actions.)

As I've read, "the Lord's servant must not quarrel." So, I'm done with responding over and over again. I don't want Job saying to me, "Surely, you are the ones and wisdom will die with you." And, please don't let my lack of responses mean I'm not interested in the subject matter. I'm just tired of spinning my wheels. So, if you respond to me and I don't get into it with you (meaning anybody) it's more of a personal decision to not quarrel. We'll have to agree to disagree. Sincerely, Moose.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
Step aside folks....THE global warming authority has weighed in.

Compared to you, yes I am. I am far more informed on this issue than you.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

On the global warming front, if you reject all of the scientists that disagree with you as right-wingers you'd be wrong just as I would be wrong to think all scientists who ascribe to global warming are left-wingers.
Moose, I don't know which side is right. I just know it's extremely complex and nobody knows for sure. My personal opinion is that humans are having an effect on the rate at which we're warming. Who knows where we'll be in 50 years when my kid's kids are trying to make a living in this country. I don't want them looking back at us as the fools the could have done something and decided not to in the name of short-term corporate interests. It's not worth the gamble to me, and it has the added benefit of pushing energy issues on a larger scale. I haven't completely written off the science that says it's not as bad as the Gore crowd says it is. Definitely willing to listen to legitimate information on the science, and do. It just bothers me when people have a complete disregard and total lack of respect for the majority of the scientific community that says it is indeed happening.....These same people think everything is an organized scam of some kind or another.

I don't like the idea of 60% of the US population moving inland into the country when Boston, NYC, DC, Miami, etc are underwater. They'll swarm the lands of Maine / NH / VT looking for refuge. -Doomsday crap, I know...but got to think about the possibility of it happening. Talk about ATV trails being closed. Your old trails will be a new Interstate.

Quick Reply: They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three