OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Guns on ATV/UTVs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 50/50 toss up whether or not I carry my side arm. When I do, I bring my Rugger .45 loaded with wad cutters. I get those for free, so its no big deal if I decide to blow through a few rounds.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funride your guns and machete are beginning to frighten me... We should go out to this pit and shoot some busted xbox 360 systems I got chillin round the house..

Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

You always carry in "bear contry". 44 mag ruger or 45 auto 1911.
If off fishing I keep Mossburg 12 gauge within reach.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
Funride your guns and machete are beginning to frighten me... We should go out to this pit and shoot some busted xbox 360 systems I got chillin round the house..
Maybe we should blast some stuff that doesn't blow plastic crap all over the place. A couple of rounds from the .38 and there will be bits of junk and circuit boards everywhere. I guess we could always clean up the mess. Maybe I'll bring some old coffee cans....they're fun to dance. Although shooting Xbox does sound like fun.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
It's a 50/50 toss up whether or not I carry my side arm. When I do, I bring my Rugger .45 loaded with wad cutters. I get those for free, so its no big deal if I decide to blow through a few rounds.
Free .45 ammo? Nice..... I'd be doing a whole lot of shooting if that was the case. I guess you can't abuse that little situation you got there and go totally nuts.

Last edited by FunRide; 08-20-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: removed a sentence
Old 08-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tramp
You always carry in "bear contry". 44 mag ruger or 45 auto 1911.
If off fishing I keep Mossburg 12 gauge within reach.
Makes a lot of sense in that neck of the woods. No joke threats when fishing....

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Utah is not only a great place to live if you love ATVs it's also not a bad place to live if you enjoy firearms and believe in having the right to protect your life and those around you.

Here in Utah it is legal to open carry a firearm and it's also legal to carry a loaded handgun inside your vehicle.

The state has issued 246,831 Concealed Firearm Permits (CFP) as of June 30, 2010 since 1996.

Utah has reciprocity with 16 states and another 16 states recognize Utah’s Concealed Firearm Permits (CFP).

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

There are on the average between 80-90,000 weapons purchased annually in Utah with approx 2.7 million residence. That means one in every 30 residence purchase a firearm every year.

I've had my CFP for over 12 years and like my S&W model 640 with 158grn+P lead semi wad cutter hollow point.

Do I carry when riding??

I don't carry because I have to I carry because I get to.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta
I don't carry because I have to I carry because I get to.
I was just talking to a friend about the Utah laws. He has applied to carry but has not heard back yet. He said if you can get a license to carry in Utah it carries over to like 20 other states. Not sure of the details, but I think the Utah background checks are so intensive that other states pretty much say, if Utah thinks you're OK to carry, then we'll agree with them. There are legal and psychological checks and various training required....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

Never leave home with out it. 9 or 357 Depends on area Licensed in all States I ride, most non resident license are easy to get and worth it.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nuckfutz
Never leave home with out it. 9 or 357 Depends on area Licensed in all States I ride, most non resident license are easy to get and worth it.
I noticed you're also from Taxachusetts. I live in a town where the chief of police is pretty friendly and it wasn't too bad to get the LTC. I had lived in Boston for a few years and they wouldn't even talk to me. It's lovely living in a state where you're treated like a criminal because you want to protect your family and home, or go hunting and shooting. Interestingly, Vermont is probably the easiest state in the country to get firearms if you're a resident. It's weird how they are the only state that also elected an open communist....? Alaska is second easiest from what I've heard.

Quick Reply: Guns on ATV/UTVs