OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Moose's musings

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolumad273

It's not the average American who should be footing the bill, they can't afford it.
I can afford my share. How about we get something out of those living off the system that are perfectly capable of paying theirs?

I'm tired of too many people who believe the free enterprise system is having someone else start an enterprise and they give them stuff free.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were just saying spending shouldn't go on, then you should have just said that. It's a fabrication to say that Obama Quadrupled the National debt.

Since I'm not entirely sure, I'd like for you to provide to me a concrete number of the combined wealth of the top 10%. I bet it's a lot more than 2 trillion dollars.

What does the national debt have to do with private people's money?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that would depend on your point of view. Moose made an incorrect statement. I see that figure thrown around really often, mostly by Ron Paul fanatics. It's simply not true that Obama quadrupled the debt.

Alright, your point of view is reasonable, but personal charity isn't going to keep roads paved, and keep schools running, and keep police on the streets (not entirely important). So you can't possibly say taxes are all bad.

The objective shouldn't be to cut services that Americans need to make ends meet, the objective should be to cut things that Americans don't benefit from. Take, for example, invading middle eastern countries. That's something I'm not a big fan of, and I'm sure most Americans don't benefit from. We could cut that and I bet our budget would be a lot closer to balanced.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Alright, your point of view is reasonable, but personal charity isn't going to keep roads paved, and keep schools running, and keep police on the streets (not entirely important). So you can't possibly say taxes are all bad.
So if those same roads were made for everyone, make everyone pay. I have no kids, and yet pay for a school system I see as broken. Where's my refund? Keeping police on the streets is not entirely important??? That is a completely asinine statement.

All taxes are not bad, but why is it the people that take the most risks are expected to pay for the people that sit on their butts and do nothing?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Moose's Olympic thought of the day. Was watching the four man kayak races over breakfast earlier today. One of the commentators said, "Jones is really the anchor of this kayak team." I thought, "Well, looks like they're going to lose."

Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I guess that would depend on your point of view. Moose made an incorrect statement. I see that figure thrown around really often, mostly by Ron Paul fanatics. It's simply not true that Obama quadrupled the debt.

The objective shouldn't be to cut services that Americans need to make ends meet, the objective should be to cut things that Americans don't benefit from. Take, for example, invading middle eastern countries. That's something I'm not a big fan of, and I'm sure most Americans don't benefit from. We could cut that and I bet our budget would be a lot closer to balanced.
Taxes for truly public needs are fine with me. We need roads for commerce, schools to educate, and police to arrest law breakers. I'm talking about the handout programs that are out of control. My son did a couple years of working at a grocery store. The state government here says what you can and what you can't spend food stamps on. He saw women in fur coats with designer clothes, driving expensive vehicles, using food stamps. They'd use the food stamps to buy food and then buy cigarettes and junk food with the wad of cash they had in their purse. This wasn't every so often. It was every day of the week. It used to be called transitional assistance but it's not that anymore with so many recipients. You have (at least here in Mass.) generations living off their neighbors tax dollars. The government doesn't have any money on it's own and has squandered the moneys provided through taxes to the point that each citizen owes roughly $48,000. The entitlement programs need to be policed at the very least.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Default Obamacare summed up in one sentence

All parts of the actual bill that Nancy Pelosi said, "We won't know what's in it until we vote on it."

I think they probably should have read it first.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

My thought on the election.

Pick one. The guy who knows how to make money.
Or. The guy who knows how to take money.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitt Romney robs the working class. He's not anyone I'd ever vote for.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mitt Romney robs the working class. He's not anyone I'd ever vote for.
are you aware that romney didn't take a single pay check from the citizens of massachusetts while he was gov? the only one who's ever done that.

not sure how he's robbing the MC-

I'm not a big romney fan either, I am being screwed by "romney care" here in mass- and, he'll say just about anything he has to, to get votes... (like any other politician) but, I look at it this way- at least he's listening. He cares what the people think about him, unlike obama- who thinks he has all the answers and even when he's confronted with evidence contrary- he still thinks he has all the right answers- he's pompous and does not listen to anyone. I actually think romney can be a lot more humble than obama.

Quick Reply: Moose's musings