OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Moose's musings

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Islam is the religion of peace, right? They "peacefully" behead people on an almost daily basis.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Islam is the religion of peace, right? They "peacefully" behead people on an almost daily basis.

But, but, but - look over there - CRUSADES!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

A buddy sent me this:

Affordable Plumbing Act

Only weeks after leaving office on January 20, 2017, former president Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Rick the Plumber to come out and fix it. Rick drives to Obama's new house, located in a very exclusive, gated community near Chicago where all the residents have a net income of more than $250,000 per year.

Rick arrives and takes his tools into the house. Rick is led to the guest bathroom that contains the leaky pipe under the sink. Rick assesses the problem and tells Obama that it's an easy repair that will take less than 10 minutes. Obama asks Rick how much it will cost. Rick checks his rate chart and says, "$9,500."

"What?! $9,500?" Obama asks, stunned, But you said it' s an easy repair Michelle will whip me if I pay a plumber that much!"
Rick says, "Yes, but what I do is charge those who make $250,000 per year a much higher amount so I can fix the plumbing of poorer people for free," explains Rick."This has always been my philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied the Democrat Congress, who passed this philosophy into law. Now all plumbers must do business this way. It' s known as 'Affordable Plumbing Act of 2014'. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it."

In spite of that, Obama tells Rick there's no way he's paying that much for a small plumbing repair, so Rick leaves. Obama spends the next hour flipping through the phone book calling for another plumber, but he finds that all other plumbing businesses in the area have gone out of business. Not wanting to pay Rick's price, Obama does nothing and the leak goes unrepaired for several more days. A week later the leak is so bad that Obama has had to put a bucket under the sink. Michelle is not happy as she has Oprah and guests arriving the next morning. The bucket fills up quickly and has to be emptied every hour and there's a risk that the room will flood, so Obama calls Rick and pleads with him to return.
Rick goes back to Obama's house, looks at the leaky pipe, checks his new rate chart and says," Let's see, this will now cost you $21,000."

Obama quickly fires back, "What! A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!

Rick explains, " Well, because of the 'Affordable Plumbing Act', a lot of wealthier people are learning how to maintain their own plumbing, so there are fewer payers into the plumbing exchanges. As a result, the price I have to charge wealthy people like you keeps rising. Not only that, but for some reason the demand for plumbing work by those who get it for free has skyrocketed! There's a long waiting list of those who need repairs but the amount we get doesn't cover our costs. This unfortunately has put a lot of my fellow plumbers out of business, they're not being replaced, and nobody is going into the plumbing business because they know they can't make any money at it. I'm hurting, too, all thanks to greedy rich people like you who won't pay their fair share."

Old 03-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

In his 1989 farewell speech, President Reagan noted, "I won a nickname, 'The Great Communicator.' But I never thought it was my style or the words I used that made a difference: it was the content. I wasn't a great communicator, but I communicated great things, and they didn't spring full bloom from my brow, they came from the heart of a great nation -- from our experience, our wisdom, and our belief in the principles that have guided us for two centuries."

Old 03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Moto Psycho

He wasn't perfect but Reagan was the last president I liked. I'm wondering what kind of useless piece of crap we'll get stuck with next year.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
He wasn't perfect but Reagan was the last president I liked. I'm wondering what kind of useless piece of crap we'll get stuck with next year.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Moto Psycho
Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

My fear is the conservatives will hack away at each other and we'll be left with a moderate again. It would be nice to have a real leader again.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Really think things have gone too far left to ever get back to what America used to be. In my life time to go from Eisenhower to what we have in the White House now is scary. Gotta be someone with a big set of cahones,but can't see anyone that really stands out that have thrown their hat in the ring.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Really think things have gone too far left to ever get back to what America used to be. In my life time to go from Eisenhower to what we have in the White House now is scary. Gotta be someone with a big set of cahones,but can't see anyone that really stands out that have thrown their hat in the ring.
When you have almost half the population on some sort of government handout the pendulum has swung too far. Not saying all will vote for the liberal who promises handout after handout at the taxpayers' expense but it make it harder for a good conservative to get in. Especially one who sees the need to reduce the deficit.

Quick Reply: Moose's musings