OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

In God We Trust.....

Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In God We Trust.....

Well, From what I got off of Yahoo, It looks as if The motto has been taken off the dollar bill..... I guess the future of this country sure ain't looking to good....

Thoughts?

New:

Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Haven't heard anything about it. Just a sign of the times if it's true. On some of the coins, instead of putting it on the face of the coin, it's on the rim of the coin. Much less obvious. We push God to the back burner. He puts us to the back burner. God won't stay and bless this country if we reject Him. I always marvel when the polls say 80% of the people in this country say they are Christians. But, we have a divorce rate over 50%, filth on the TV, in the movies, presidents cheating on their wives in the Oval Office and lying to our faces on TV, high murder rates, etc. Doesn't look like 80% are behaving like they should.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Range Rover

Me gusta

Old 09-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

This was the 1934 or 1935 dollar bill that didn't have the words"In God We Trust". I read the article about it and didn't realize there were several years that these words were not included.In later years they restarted printing the words on the currency. OPT

Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that's right OPT, it was in the mid-late 50s i think, that's when they put it on there. i got a few of the 1935F silver certificates.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

It wasn't on the original currency. There was a push in the mid 1800's to add it. Some say to indicate that God was on the side of the Union. It began appearing on some coins after the law was changed to allow it but it wasn't until 1956 they began putting it on all coins. This was two years after they added " under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance. So yes, even though our country was founded on freedom of religion (among many other things) it hasn't stayed that way. What I find incredible is that people complain about how we keep losing our rights and the principals which created our form of government but think those changes were just fine. Problem is, once they began changing the laws to please the majority instead of protecting the minority it was already the beginning to the end to what our country was supposed to be all about. Yes, I said it!

Search this Thread