OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Yet another senseless tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Yet another senseless tragedy

Guess most of you have heard about the 20 dead children and 7 adults at a Connecticut elementary school by now. May God help these poor parents,relatives,teachers and our country during this bad time.And especially for the surviving children that this act will remain with them in all probability for the rest of their lives. Many of you have small children and I think constantly about my 6 year old grand daughter's' safety in this violent world that we live in. What has happened in the just the last 20-25 years in this country? Lack of respect for others,lack of discipline, lack of communication, poor examples set for our children, break down of family and moral values, violent media,tv,video games? All of the above or part of,or just a general moral decay of society caused by what?? This is not a debate over anything,but just an old man that has seen this country change so much in just a relatively short period of time and can't help but speak out on this continuing senseless violence in this country. Must this country come down to a police state,something out of George Orwell's 1984? What really can and must be done to stop this,if it isn't already too late?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Lack of respect for others,lack of discipline, lack of communication, poor examples set for our children, break down of family and moral values, violent media,tv,video games? All of the above or part of,or just a general moral decay of society caused by what?? This is not a debate over anything,but just an old man that has seen this country change so much in just a relatively short period of time and can't help but speak out on this continuing senseless violence in this country. Must this country come down to a police state,something out of George Orwell's 1984? What really can and must be done to stop this,if it isn't already too late?

You hit the nail on the head there- there is nothing we can do- people wont change. I won't trust any government to try to change it either- they're just as bad.

Just gonna have to set back and ride this one out- keep your guns though

Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think it's probably just another deranged, demonic, coward. Self is really at the root of it. He probably had an issue with his family that he felt justified this carnage. It's ridiculous, crazy, insane, you name it.

You know I hate suicide. I believe it's a "do not pass go, do not collect $200", thing. But, if things are so bad you feel the need to kill dozens of people maybe the rest of mankind would be better off if you commit suicide rather than take so many innocent people down with you. In my mind, the picture of a coward. Then at the end of all the killings they kill themselves so they don't have to face the penalty for their senseless killing.

I can't put into words how much I hate the cowards that do these kinds of things.... Grrrr.......

We took the Ten Commandments off our school walls decades ago. One of the major ones is, You shall not murder. Not saying it would have helped the situation at hand but the schools went from the big problems before of running in the halls, gum chewing in class, etc. to murder, rape, etc. Maybe it's time we invite God back. From what I read in the Bible, if we as a nation say, "We don't need you God", God says, "Okay, I'm going and I'm taking my protection away too. Give me a call when you'd like things the way they were when I was welcome here."

We, as a nation, have turned our backs on God. We've killed over 40 million children at their most defenseless stage of life; in the womb. We value a bald eagle egg more than the product of our conception. We've allowed gay marriage to spread across the land and some states have even voted it in. Never mind that God calls homosexuality sin, doesn't matter to us. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce. Sex outside of marriage is the new normal but still an affront to God. When you kick out God, what fills the vacuum? Evil. I've always found it interesting that over 80% of the people in this nation consider themselves Christian but vote in people completely opposed to God's laws. We have brought it on ourselves.

This cowardly man that did this unthinkable act will face God and will see that he can't escape justice in the long run.

Just my own observations.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure there are thousands of contributing factors that lead to a even like this.
One thing I have learned is nothing stays the same. Time brings change and its not always positive.
My heart goes out to the families of the children and teachers who were taken long before their time.
Kindergarten massacre, two words I thought I would never hear in the same sentence.