OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

When will we draw the line on gun control

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Can you imagine the government going door to door demanding firearms.
I can.....What would happen if you said no? The feds would burn you alive. Like they did in Waco

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
I can.....What would happen if you said no? The feds would burn you alive. Like they did in Waco
I think, once gun owners caught wind of confiscations you'd see more of an organized resistance maybe starting with gun clubs and going on from there. If just 10% of NRA members resisted they'd have to deal with 400,000 gun owners. I can't imagine people willingly giving up firearms in large numbers. I hope we never have to see the day.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is one of a few items that i'm adamant about. i WILL NOT give up my firearms. if i do, i'm cold dead and they pryed them from my fingers. i am warily watching what the "debate" is going to cover and any potential bonehead moves that might be made. the village idiots in DC keep forgetting that guns don't kill people. people kill people. heck, they didn't ban knives when someone gets stabbed or "they" haven't "regulated" all fertilizers or what not. they can't even secure borders for crying out loud!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

100% behind all of you guys. I'm no longer a gun owner.
Most of my buds have extensive collections. From forms of ak47 down to pint size hand guns. As long as they are locked up properly there is no problem. Its just like any other issue. The irresponsible gun owners cause problems for the rest. Hardly a reason to ban or confiscate. So where does it stop? What do the feds do when someone drives a fuel tanker into a school?
What happens if most guns are removed from the people? Well the underground market booms. Who runs the underground market? Gangs, you guys see where I'm going with this.
I think Beergut nailed it. Its a more of a mental health issue than a gun issue for mass killings.
But we are also a violent society. We used guns to win our freedom, expand our country and keep it. We also use them to keep the peace. They are part of our culture.
BTW we are Americans.... F the rest of the world and what they do or think. If they dont like guns and just want to throw spears, rocks and use sticks let them.
What I think is really disgusting is these vultures (politicians) show no respect for the dead children. These poor kids were not even buried and the vultures use them as a tool to advance their agenda.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Scooter

I want an immediate and appropriate response. 5 shots and calling time out just won't work.
LMFAO...Thats funny!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

buy ammo ASAP! purchase more guns!
now why would the govt not want us to have guns? is it because they need more to give away to the criminals by way of fast and furious? we see that the govt has killed folks with that debacle, oh wait, that's different, those were fully automatic weren't they. my bad.

anyway, i reckon being facetious doesn't come across well when typing. i will keep purchasing firearms/ammo as it is my right and will protect me and mine when it needs to do so.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

My son (unknown to me until last night) ordered 5 more AK mags for my SLR95, 5 more Colt AR15 mags and a case of 7.62x 39 and 5.56 x 45 ammo for me! This is on top of what I already have,plus before all this crap happened,I even sold back to my local dealer a lot of my ammo! I already have enough ammo to blow the house up! I told him why didn't he order me some more Garand clips while he was at it, as I only have about 100 of them on hand,a lot of them loaded and in bandoliers safely stored away He knows he will inherit all my weapons and he's getting a little fanatical like a lot of people are doing right now! My local gun dealer is loving this as he always stacks ammo to the ceiling when ever there is an election or a focus on any kind of ban. OPT

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Does ammo have a shelf life limit before ever other round is a dud?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Lacquered ammo stores better than polymer coated ammo,but if you just put a few packets of "moisture absorb' whatever the name is for it is, it will store longer and not corrode as fast. Better if it's in a plastic sealed pouches like a lot of my bulk ammo is. Update on my earlier post: Called my local dealer, he has sold 20,000 rounds in like two days and out of 7.62x39 in all brands but a few boxes of the polymer coated Tulamo soft point. Next shipment he said is all but spoken for! People are going nuts! Even my son's order was too late online yesterday! He's got the magazines coming,but the ammo's sold out That I'm glad of cuz I've got enough on hand to start my own war! Gun dealers are making a killing out of this frenzy! OPT

Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's a matter of seeing the writing on the wall. Been to 3 different places that sell firearms between last night and this morning. A lot of people were surprised when Clinton passed the "assault weapons" ban. I think people see where the current debate is going. I was going to buy my son a pistol or rifle for his 21st birthday but decided to buy both. Picked up a nice Beretta 9mm and a used Ruger Mini-14. Especially in Massachusetts, the rhetoric is getting crazy. If you want to get a semi-auto rifle or piston the time is quickly passing. They are running out of both in every store I've been in that sells firearms.

Quick Reply: When will we draw the line on gun control