OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Drug Rights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should be free to put what you want into your own body. Obviously making iy illegal has not stopped anyone from doing it. Now, if an 18 yo or 21 could buy marijuana from the store, not only Would the states collect revenue, but noone would be buying from a dealer that might possibly talk you into buying heroin because hes out of pot. I do feel if everything is going to be illegal, then so should alcohol and cigarettes. As far as ciggs not affecting anyone, if you sit there and blow smoke into my face I will rage and probably punch you.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Range Rover

I agree for the most part with Reaper. However I have some points of contention.

Someone who isn't me has a good bit of experience dealing with dealers, and has never had any drug offered to him that he didn't ask for. In fact, someone who isn't me has been told by their dealer that they'd never sell him an addictive drug, because he cares about his customers, and treats them as friends. Perhaps it's just suburban dealers. Someone who isn't me knows quite a few dealers, many of whom partake in "hard" drugs, none of whom would push them to kids, or adults for that matter. They're all reasonable people trying to make ends meet, and provide a service.

There's a culture around cannabis that sort of prevents dealers from pushing hard drugs. I'm sure it's a different situation if someone is looking to buy hard drugs... People tend to assume that since they're dealers they're willing to sell anything, that isn't the case in the experience someone who isn't me has had.

I'm not willing to incriminate myself or anyone else, so that may have been a bit harder to read. For that I apologize. But there are a lot of misconceptions about illegal drugs, and I think most of it stems from a genuine lack of experience, combined with lies people have been told.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lolumad273
But there are a lot of misconceptions about illegal drugs, and I think most of it stems from a genuine lack of experience, combined with lies people have been told.

Not to mention the lies users tell themselves to justify their stupidity.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Not to mention the lies users tell themselves to justify their stupidity.

If you drink alcohol you're not one to talk. Making stupid choices such as that, tisk tisk

Old 09-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Small amounts of alcohol are good for your health. Crack isn't. Alcohol isn't really comparable to other drugs.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Range Rover

Although in small amounts alcohol is most certainly perfectly healthy, perhaps even good for you... that amounts to one beer a day. Few people I know drink one beer and call it quits. Also, plenty of studies show that Alcohol is the most damaging drug to society as a whole. Perhaps that's because of it's ubiquity, but it most certainly can be compared to "other drugs"...

Study: Alcohol 'most harmful drug,' followed by crack and heroin - CNN.com

Small amounts of smoked marijuana (perhaps even large amounts of vaporized THC) is perfectly healthy... also makes a fantastic anti-convulsant which is great for people who suffer from epilepsy. There is also mounting evidence that Cannabidiol, one of the active cannabinoids present in Marijuana makes a great neuro-protectant, and can reduce one's risk for Alzheimer's disease.

So if your only issue with Marijuana is that it's illegal... you're not thinking for yourself. Slavery was also once the law of the land, and those who fought it were considered criminals. I think we see now who was actually on the right side of history. Though these two issues aren't nearly of the same magnitude, the lesson is that following laws just because they're laws doesn't make you a better person, it makes you a sheep. If you see injustice being called justice, **** the law; do what's right.

If your issue is that you just don't like weed... then wanting to force your opinion onto others means you don't understand the personal freedoms that this country supposedly stands for. Who are you to tell me what I should do with my body?

I must say that taking magic mushrooms may have been the single most life changing event in the past 3 years of my life... my work ethic and grades reflect this change. I don't think people should fear imprisonment over a drug that could potentially benefit them massively.

Crack definitely isn't healthy, you got me there. Hahaha.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Whether it's drugs or alcohol, if you overdo anything it has it's effects. While drunk or high, if you drive you will possibly not only hurt yourself but others too. Also, self-control goes out the window. Sort of like when a diabetic has a low blood sugar. Whatever emotion is predominant will come out. When I was drunk that was anger and rage back then. When my friends were high on drugs I easily manipulated them. I don't want to lose my ability to think clearly or control myself for a sensation. I've also seen way too many lives, and families destroyed by drugs. I hope people can control themselves but I haven't seen it personally in my 51 years. At least, not with drugs. To a lesser degree alcohol. That's my main gripe. Drugs and alcohol effect you, and can be a danger to those around you.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can have a couple of drinks with my dinner and not get drunk. As a matter of fact I haven't been drunk in 26 years. I don't know how much pot I can smoke or how much of any other drugs I can do and not get high and I'm not interested in finding out. Getting high seems to be the reason the vast majority of people do drugs anyway, but that can affect your ability to do things like drive, and I don't need any further impairment that I don't have naturally.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think when pot becomes legalized the world will end . Some will abuse it while others enjoy it. Just like alcohol.
I believe a large part of the reason why pots illegal and alcohol isnt is because the alcohol industry is pressuring the government to keep pot illegal, $$$$.
Dude, if you want to trip on shrooms go for it. With most drugs you will end up chasing that powerful first high. Like it or not, it is what it is.
So what do you feel like getting high actually is, real or fake? Are you sitting on the couch starring at the wall. Or are you at inner peace, having brilliant ideas while little metal lunch boxes with yellow hard hats and cartoon arms and legs explain to you how planet earth was formed?
Getting high is nothing but a false reality imho.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Range Rover

Jgar - When I'm tripping on shrooms and the wood grain on the floor is melting... I'm not convinced that the wood is actually water! Few people take literally what they see and feel while on hallucinogens. The changes in visual field are a manifestation of your mind's inability to process stimuli... A false reality, perhaps; but the lessons I've learned from tripping on shrooms have had a massively positive impact on my life. I would say the last shroom trip I had was the single most important turning point in the last 2 years of my life. Call it a false reality if you want, but I'm a better person for it.

What you folks seem to gain from religion, I gain from... other activities.

Moose, I'm sorry to hear that you've been around people who can't control themselves while on drugs... but don't generalize. I control myself just fine, if anything I'm more cautious after I've been smoking weed. Also, it's dangerous to drive tired as well, it's dangerous to drive while playing saxophone, it's dangerous to drive while doing a bunch of things that people just shouldn't do while driving. That isn't a reflection on the substance or activity being performed, it just means you shouldn't do it while driving... which to me is obvious.

I've also seen first hand the damaging effects these drugs can have on individuals. Though I've never seen a person hurt another while on hallucinogens, I have had a friend hurt himself very badly while having a break with reality on them. I recognize, and accept these risks as I feel the benefits have outweighed the negatives in the past.

Quick Reply: Drug Rights