OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Drug Rights

Old 10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I may ask, how did tripping have such a positive effect on you life?
The last time I ate shrooms had to be over 16 yrs ago. It was a great time until my bud had to kill a bee by jumping through a picture window . For me that experience was a wake up call.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lolumad273
If you drink alcohol you're not one to talk. Making stupid choices such as that, tisk tisk

The next time you apply for a job make sure they are aware of your extensive drug use. I'm more than happy to tell any potential employer how much I drink.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Range Rover

Jgar - Since you asked, I'll share my story. I don't usually like to, as it's a pretty personal thing... but what the hell.

Prior to my last shroom trip I never really took anything seriously in life. Even the things I enjoyed (hobbies) I would never work my hardest at... I enjoyed leisure time too much. During the trip, something clicked in me, and I realized that I was wasting too much of my time, and wasting my brain. I decided to sign up for summer classes, which for the first time I took seriously (scored an A in both Calculus 1 and 2, a first for mathematics courses for me). At the same time as going to school over the summer, I searched for and got a full time job in a highly technical field. I then transferred into the engineering science program at my college. I have perhaps 1/10th the free time I used to, am working full time while pursuing my engineering degree... and am enjoying life more than I used to.

I can honestly say that the trip had a profound effect on my work ethic, and general mood. It was the most important thing that has happened to me in the last 2 years of my life, and has changed me as a person for the better.

It's also interesting (for me, anyway) to note that the trip that changed my trajectory in life, was particularly mild in terms of intensity. I suppose it was just the right thing at the right time.

Deedawg - I would gladly share my drug use with my employer if I didn't risk a felony to do so... because I don't think I'm doing anything wrong...

Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Deedawg - I would gladly share my drug use with my employer if I didn't risk a felony to do so... because I don't think I'm doing anything wrong...

Sounds like a chicken **** excuse.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
Sounds like a chicken **** excuse.
Elaborate on that super witty one-liner... I'm a bit confused

Old 11-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Elaborate on that super witty one-liner... I'm a bit confused

It's not difficult to confuse moron.

Try contemplating on it when your stoned.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The idea that you can go into a job interview and tell your potential employer that you use hallucinogens is pretty laughable. I've hired people a few times in the past and if I even suspected that they were drunks or using drugs I wouldn't even consider them. Not sure that I can think of a job where it wouldn't bother the employer if you used drugs.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Range Rover

Deedawg, I'm not sure why you have to delve into personal attacks so quickly. Do you have a temper, by chance? Or do you always insult people who disagree with you? In any case, it's pretty rude and I don't appreciate it.

Moose, It's definitely not a great first impression! But I'm a hard worker, and it's not like I'm going to work tripping or high... that's just stupid. So indeed, if it weren't illegal I wouldn't hesitate to talk about it. At work parties what does everyone do..? Drink... that's just the custom, so clearly my employer doesn't have an issue with drug use a concept. I just choose to use drugs that have helped me greatly in the past. I don't see that as a problem, and I know I'm not the only one who shares my opinion.

You said "drunks or using drugs"... Does that mean that if you suspect them of having a few beers every now and again, you wouldn't hire them? That is most certainly drug use. If you're going to argue that it isn't, this conversation is not worth having. Drunk, to me, implies a drinking problem... something I will agree is an issue. But drug use isn't in itself an issue for most people.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

You said "drunks or using drugs"... Does that mean that if you suspect them of having a few beers every now and again, you wouldn't hire them? That is most certainly drug use. If you're going to argue that it isn't, this conversation is not worth having. Drunk, to me, implies a drinking problem... something I will agree is an issue. But drug use isn't in itself an issue for most people.
If I felt it was a risk that someone would come to work impaired I wouldn't take that risk. Too many complications when you're using power tools and in other peoples' homes. That potential employee could be a risk not only to him or herself but also to fellow workers. Whether drinking too much or being involved with drugs I won't take the risk.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

In the construction world drinking and drug use is a constant issue, on and off the clock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drug Rights