OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Drug Rights

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
In the construction world drinking and drug use is a constant issue, on and off the clock.
Had to deal with that when I worked doing framing for a guy I knew. Foreman was constantly drinking. We learned to duck anytime he was carrying a plank. No fun.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Had to deal with that when I worked doing framing for a guy I knew. Foreman was constantly drinking. We learned to duck anytime he was carrying a plank. No fun.
Thats for sure.
We fired one guy this summer because of his problems due to coke. I know I told you about this guys. His nick name was crib death. During his week long bender that ultimately lead to his termination he removed the contents of his house and burned it all in his driveway. lol
Had to fire another guy last week due to coors light and pills.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lolumad273
Deedawg, I'm not sure why you have to delve into personal attacks so quickly. Do you have a temper, by chance? Or do you always insult people who disagree with you? In any case, it's pretty rude and I don't appreciate it.

Moose, It's definitely not a great first impression! But I'm a hard worker, and it's not like I'm going to work tripping or high... that's just stupid. So indeed, if it weren't illegal I wouldn't hesitate to talk about it. At work parties what does everyone do..? Drink... that's just the custom, so clearly my employer doesn't have an issue with drug use a concept. I just choose to use drugs that have helped me greatly in the past. I don't see that as a problem, and I know I'm not the only one who shares my opinion.

You said "drunks or using drugs"... Does that mean that if you suspect them of having a few beers every now and again, you wouldn't hire them? That is most certainly drug use. If you're going to argue that it isn't, this conversation is not worth having. Drunk, to me, implies a drinking problem... something I will agree is an issue. But drug use isn't in itself an issue for most people.

No; I don't have a quick temper, but I am quick to call it like I saw it, and anyone who claims that illicit drug use is beneficial is a moron. If you are so proud of yourself for doing drugs tell everyone including any potential employer.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains, study says

Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains, study says - LA Times

Compared with a person who never smoked marijuana, someone who uses marijuana regularly has, on average, less gray matter in his orbital frontal cortex, a region that is a key node in the brain's reward, motivation, decision-making and addictive behaviors network.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I never seen to many out of control people on illegal pot but I seen a lot of people go almost crazy stupid on legal Whisky.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Ooops double posted sorry.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Aside from the "legal" substances that we already have that we worry enough about,would anyone like to know their airline pilot,Greyhound bus driver,taxi cab driver,etc in charge of their safety had just smoked a big doobie? It's bad enough with the legal substances we have now.DeeDawg I agree on the motivation part as I saw it in my son in his teen years. Hard to get him up to go to school,grades dropping. Wife and I confronted him,but as most do denied any drug use. Caught him when I happened to notice an orange was slightly peeled and left on the counter. Searched his room and found his small stash with the peelings in it to keep it fresh... Long story short,he's over this now and the people that had an influence on him and finally admitted a few years back as to how it affected him and his lack of drive, commitment and focus.I'm no prude,yes I tried it several times in the 60's,early 70's but didn't care for it.Even tried a couple things even harder than this,but certainly don't want any one that has some responsibility for my safety to be under the influence of any substance whether it's legal or not.If you want to smoke or drink,do it at home.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"If you want to smoke or drink,do it at home." That's one of the biggest problems with all drugs including alcohol. The alcoholics drink at work and the stoners get high at work every day and the quality of their work suffers and they are unsafe to be around. I was sent to the hospital twice by a fork truck driver who was drunk all the time.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders

Sudhin Thanawala, Associated Press

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders - Houston Chronicle

Old 09-01-2016, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
US court upholds ban on gun sales to marijuana card holders
Marijuana card holders want to buy guns?

Quick Reply: Drug Rights