OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Marathon bombers

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marathon bombers

Any of you guys keeping tabs on all of this? Looks like they have the 2nd bomber pinned down. I really hope they take this twisted bastard alive.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last I heard one was dead, the other on the run after a nasty fire fight. Sources say they were brothers from Kyrgyzstan and Russia ( one born in each area). now it turn out they had international ties and military backgrounds. What put them on this path is still not clear.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Really twisted story, execution style murder of a MIT cop, gun fights, short high speed chase with bombs or grenades thrown from the car and the older (dead) of the 2 brothers had a bomb jacket on.
Never heard anything about international ties in respect to military. But it will be interesting to find out if that is accurate or if they are just loners.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They got the second brother. He's alive but wounded.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hope they're just loners,misfits and not part of another Islamic branch of terrorists that we have to start worrying about. Hopefully we'll find out in the days ahead. I know Russia's had their hands full with them.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Anybody else think 9000 police and lock down a city of a million for a 19 year punk hiding in a back yard under a tarp in a boat might of been a little overkill?

Good thing the boat owner broke the "stay indoor curfew" and when out in his backyard or nobody would of know he was hiding back there.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

I was going to respond but my parents taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it. You've got to be kidding TLC!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
================================================== ======
Tell me I can,t leave my house for 24hrs in a city as large as Boston because some 19 year old kid is on the loose.
I,m just not that paranoid yet I guess.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TLC has a good point, and we could learn a lot from Israel when it comes to living our lives in the face of repeated terrorist attacks. When one(1!) man can cause an entire town/city to shut down the terrorists win. The recent Boston and California situations have proven we are all to willing to play into the hands of those waging assymetrical warfare. All I could think of last night watching that kids' final stand was if he had another accomplice as yet unknown how easy it would have been to take out 40 or 50+ LEO.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLC
Anybody else think 9000 police and lock down a city of a million for a 19 year punk hiding in a back yard under a tarp in a boat might of been a little overkill?

Good thing the boat owner broke the "stay indoor curfew" and when out in his backyard or nobody would of know he was hiding back there.

Quick Reply: Marathon bombers